Y Soft’s New SafeQ 6 Platform Adds Document Capture, Expanded Print Roaming, Mobile App
Y Soft, which markets the SafeQ print-management solution, is launching the YSoft SafeQ 6 Platform, the newest version of SafeQ. Y Soft says its new SafeQ 6 Platform is the only solution that “truly integrates” print-management and document-capture workflow, providing a solution for both 3D and 2D printers, and includes a mobile app for secure printing no matter which brand of printer is being used.
According to Y Soft, the SafeQ Platform can reduce print costs by 30 percent and, in some cases, up to 50 percent, improving workflow productivity and increasing document security.
The SafeQ 6 Platform also features document-capture, processing, and delivery. It includes the new YSoft Workflow Suite, which includes OCR (optical character recognition), plus add-on connectors for popular on-premise/cloud-hosted document storage such as Google Drive, Box for Business, and Microsoft OneDrive.
Other new features include:
- Client Based Print Roaming, which enables users to print from any printer in the environment, has been expanded, providing the option to have complex tasks associated with printing done on the client workstation. According to Y Soft, this means fewer and less-expensive servers are needed to support existing and scale for new users.
- “Multi-tenancy” uses the shared-economy concept, allowing print-service providers to manage multiple customers using one instance of YSoft SafeQ, where total costs for hardware and software are shared among several companies.
- YSoft SafeQ Mobile Terminal is a mobile app for Apple iOS and Android that can be used with any MFP, and is also a cost-saving choice for devices without an embedded terminal option.
SafeQ Platform is offered in four Suites: YSoft SafeQ Enterprise Suite, YSoft SafeQ Workflow Suite, YSoft SafeQ Print Management Suite, and YSoft SafeQ Print Management Suite LD (Limited Devices).
Early access to these various configurations will begin during the second quarter. For more information, visit Y Soft here.
- March 2016: Y Soft’s be3D is First Desktop 3D Printer that Can be Manged with Y Soft’s SafeQ Print-Management Solution
- March 2016: Y Soft Says its New DeeRed Professional 3D Printer Provides Largest Build Size in its Price Segment