Global Imaging Systems (GIS), a Xerox Company, acquired G-Five, Inc., a Carolinas-based multi-brand solutions dealer that provides office equipment and print services in North and South Carolina, for an undisclosed sum. The acquisition of G-Five, GIS’ third office technology dealer purchase in 2017, is said to be the latest example of how Xerox is expanding its indirect sales channel with a focus on multi-brand dealers.
G-Five serves large metropolitan areas in the Carolinas such as Greenville and Charlotte, and is said to be “offering strong growth potential in the $20 billion multi-brand reseller space.” These locations will become satellite sales offices to Carolina Office Systems, a GIS company covering Raleigh, Greensboro, Columbia and Charleston.
In May, Global Imaging Systems acquired MT Business Technologies, which is based in Ohio, and in March, the company acquired Laser Resources Business Solutions, which is based in Texas.
The acquisitions are part of Xerox’s $100 million channel expansion strategy announced earlier this year in order to gain a larger share of the copier/MFP market the by increasing its multi-brand dealer base in the United States by more than 30 percent in 2017.
“Adding leading multi-brand office equipment dealers and other types of channel partners is core to our strategy to increase our share of the lucrative and growing SMB market—as 75 percent of office-technology sales are made through indirect channels,” commented Darren Cassidy, president of Xerox’s U.S. Channels Unit, North America Operations, earlier this year.
“The addition of G-Five expands Xerox’s footprint into new markets in the Carolinas, providing access to new customers and revenue streams,” commented Michael Pietrunti, senior vice president of acquisitions, for GIS. “The combination of Xerox technology and services in the hands of a very dynamic team of G-Five employees will deliver many new customer engagement opportunities.”
G-Five president Gary Gerack said, “We’re confident that GIS is the best decision for G-Five’s long-time customers as Xerox has always shown a commitment to small and mid-size businesses like ours.”
- May 2017: Xerox’s Global Imaging Systems Acquires MT Business Technologies; Expands Presence in Ohio
- March 2017: Xerox’s Global Imaging Systems Acquires Laser Resources Business Solutions as it Seeks to Expand in Texas
- March 2016: Xerox’s Global Imaging Sytems Acquires Texas Dealer
- July 2015: Xerox’s Global Imaging Acquires Lanier/HP Office-Equipment Dealer
- January 2015: Xerox’s Global Imaging Systems Acquires Alabama Division of The Stewart Organization
- April 2013: Xerox’s Global Imaging Systems Acquires One of Southeast’s Largest Dealers
- December 2012: Xerox’s Global Imaging Systems Buys Fuchs Business Solutions