Hands-On Review and Videos: OKI’s C941dn Multimedia Color Printer – Pushing the Envelope of Image Quality with White and Clear Toner
The C941dn is a member of OKI Data’s C900 Multimedia Production Platform series that consists of a range of advanced digital-color printers that are intended for creative and commercial-print applications. These fast, toner-based printers have unusual media-throughput capabilities, and can handle a wide range of media sizes and types. Most noteworthy is that the C941dn model features five developing units that facilitate the production of full-color images that include spot white color and clear overlays. Thanks to OKI Data Americas, we were able to secure a C941dn test unit and put it through its paces.
- Print speeds at up to 50 color ppm..
- Duty cycle of 300,000 pages; 1,200 x 1,200 dpi image resolution.
- 2 GB of standard memory and an optional 160-GB hard drive.
- Standard support for Adobe PostScript 3, HP PCL 5C and 6, and XPS printer languages.
- Standard Gigabit Ethernet networking and automatic duplex printing.
- Can print on the widest range of media types and weights in the industry, including clear films, polyester, magnets, and stock as thick as 360gsm.
- Can print on media ranging in size from 3” x 5” cards , Com10 Envelopes, and on up to 13” x 52” banner sheets.
- Media capacity that can be expanded to six sources with a maximum capacity of 2,950 sheets.
- Developing units with easy-change toner yield up to 38,000 ISO standard business documents with 5-percent area coverage.
- Standard job accounting that can track usage by user name and ID for accounting or charge-back purposes.
- The C931dn and C941dn models can be equipped with an optional EFI Fiery XF 5 server for print professionals that rely on EFI image processing and workflows.
- The top-of-the-line C941dn has five color developing units that include white and clear spot-color units.
Who are potential customers for the versatile C900 Multimedia Production Platform Series?
- Advertising, graphic arts, and design departments in companies or schools for short-run color projects.
- The C941dn model equipped with white or clear gloss toners for design firms, specialty print shops, and large retailers for advanced packaging and signage applications.
- Clear and color toner-coupled with the C900 series’ ability to print on the widest range of media types in the industry means that there is virtually no color-printing limit.