PrintFleet Rolls out First Integration with HP Smart Device Services for Fleet-Monitoring
PrintFleet, a provider of printer-monitoring software and solutions that’s based in Ontario, Canada, today announced that it’s released the first stage of its integration with HP Inc.’s Smart Device Services (SDS) for improved management of HP printer and copier/MFP fleets.
Available through the latest versions of DCA Pulse and PrintFleet Optimizer (PFO), PrintFleet says resellers can take advantage of a simple two-click installation process to enable the HP SDS integration. PFO users may also choose to enable the integration at any time during the initial DCA Pulse installation, or at any point after the initial installation.
HP introduced Smart Device Services in September 2016 along with a new A3 portfolio. Smart Device Services consists of a set of cloud-based tools and device-based sensing capabilities that are designed to enhance servicing for HP printers and MFPs, as it monitors and diagnoses device status to minimize downtime and reduce costs. For instance, the service can anticipate when parts need servicing before the part fails, and also monitors ink and toner status, avoiding premature ink and toner replacement. It’s available to HP resellers at no charge for all contracted devices using HP Original supplies.
The new PrintFleet release also provides device registration, mSKU and genuine-cartridge identification, as well as the ability to remotely reboot devices. Both mKSU and genuine-cartridge identification are said to be important features in enabling enhanced services available from HP, such as providing higher page yields from supply cartridges, and dictating whether certain device operations are accessible.
PrintFleet is holding an introductory webinar for the new release on Wednesday, September 6th, at 8:00 AM EST (2:00 PM EST). Those interested can register here.
- June 2017: HP Expanding Dealer Security-Adviser Program; Expects 600 Dealers Worldwide
- May 2017: New HP LaserJet Enterprise 600 Series ‘Highest-End A4s’ with Highest Level of Security, FutureSmart 4, More
- April 2017: HP Shipping A3 LaserJets, PageWides, as it Begins Bold Venture into A3 Copier Market
- December 2016: PrintFleet to Incorporate HP Smart Device Services into Printer-Monitoring Solutions
- December 2016: HP Redesigns MPS to Protect Networked Copier/MFPs, Printers Now Pre-Configured for Security
- September 2016: HP Simplifies Partner First Program for Reseller Channel, Expands Marketing Resources
- September 2016: A Closer Look at HP’s New LaserJet and PageWide MFPs Said to Feature Better Reliability, Monitoring, Security, and More
- March 2016: New HP 75-PPM PageWide Inkjets; New Officejets, LaserJets; A3 PageWide Copier/MFPs on the Way
- September 2015: New HP LaserJet 400 Series Printers and MFPs with JetIntellligence for 33-Percent More Prints