Konica Minolta Extends Next-Generation MFP Lineup with Open Platform with Four New Configurations
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. is launching the bizhub 454e/364e/284e/224e, four new monochrome A3 MFPs that are part of its next-generation MFP family that incorporates the firm’s INFO-Palette control panel and Open Platform (OP) for adding solutions (see below).
The new MFPs join Konica Minolta’s 55-ppm bizhub 554e, which the firm launched in October 2013 (see our story here), and the recently launched bizhub 754e and 654e, which are rated at up to 75- and 65-ppm respectively (see our story here.)
The bizhub 454e/364e/284e/224e are rated at 45-, 36, 28- and 22-ppm respectively, and feature monochrome and color scanning at 160 opm. Customers can also download apps, such as Scan to Microsoft SharePoint, from Konica Minolta’s bizhub MarketPlace; apps are accessed directly from the control panel.
The bizhub 454e/364e/284e/224e series employ System on Chip (SoC) architecture, which Konica Minolta says helps them achieve power consumption rates among the lowest in their class. They also feature Konica Minolta’s Eco-indicator which enables administrators users to monitor paper, toner, and energy usage by device, account, or user.
Options that can be integrated via the bizhub Open Platform include:
- Security Systems: bizhub SECURE, Prism DocAudit.
- Scan, Capture and Route: Dispatcher Phoenix, eCopy, NSi AutoStore, PRISM DocSystem.
- Cost Accounting: Equitrac Office, PageScope Enterprise Suite.
- Fax Solutions: OpenText FaxPress.
- Device Administration: PageScope Data Administrator, PageScope Net Care Device Manager, PageScope Web Connection.
- Mobile Applications: PageScope Mobile.
- Document Management Applications: PRISM DocRecord, Prism ScanPath.