Global Copier/MFP Market to Grow at 2.15 Percent Annually, According to Sandler Research
According to a report from Sandler Research, Global Multi-Function Printer Market 2016-2020, the global printer/MFP market will grow at a compound annual growth of 2.15 percent from 2016 to 2020.
According to the report, the growing market for MFPs in emerging nations is based on the needs of cost-driven customers, as, for instance, in India and China, customers prefer cost-effective products above all else.
Sandler Research thus expects vendors to develop products based on this. The report also notes that emerging economies also have different climatic conditions and infrastructure, and “make extensive usage of printers and related materials.”
Vendors, according to the report, will aim to capitalize on market growth in emerging nations, while expanding their market shares in the developed countries.
The report divides the market into the following regions based on geography: the Americas, APAC (Asia-Pacific, Australia, and China), and EMEA (Europe, the Middle East, and Africa). The report examines these key players in the market: Brother International, Canon, Seiko Epson, HP Inc., and Samsung, with other prominent vendors including Lexmark, Panasonic, Dell, Oki Data, Ricoh, Xerox, Kyocera, Kodak, Konica Minolta, Olivetti, Sharp, Toshiba, Sindoh, and UTAX.
For more information about the report, visit Sandler Research here.
- December 2015: IDC: Worldwide Printer/Copier/MFP Market Declines in Third Quarter, but Business-Inkjet Shipments up 16.3 Percent
- August 2015: IDC: Printer/MFP Market Down in Second Quarter, but Epson Outperforms All Vendors for Second Quarter in a Row
- August 2015: IDC: Printer/Copier-MFP Shipments Decline in Western Europe, but Revenue Up
- July 2015: Lower Oil Prices, Elections Result in Slight Decline in Middle-East Printer/Copier/MFP Market, Says IDC
- May 2015: IDC: Slight Decline in Worldwide Printer/MFP Market for First-Quarter 2015
- February 2015: IDC: Worldwide Printer, MFP Shipment Values Increase, Color Laser Makes Gains
- February 2015: IDC: Western Europe Printer, MFP Shipments Show Slight Decline, Business Inkjets Make Gains
- December 2014: IDC: Worldwide Printer,MFP Shipment Values Increase in Third Quarter, Slight Decline in Shipments