Mixed Revenue, Income Results for Brother
On February 4th, Brother International of Japan reported results for its third quarter and the last nine months of its fiscal year, with both ending on December 31, 2019.
For the nine-month period, Brother generated sales revenue of 484.8 billion yen, down 7.1 percent year-over-year; operating profit of 55.4 billion yen, down 10.1 percent; and income of 35.4 billion yen, up 9.1 percent year-over-year.
Third quarter revenue was 166.3 billion yen, down 6.0 percent year-over-year, and net income was 143.0 billion yen, down 20.4 percent year-over-year.
For Brother’s Printing and Solutions group, sales revenue for the quarter was 103.9 billion yen, versus 108.7 billion yen versus the same period a year earlier. However, operating profit for the group was 18.0 billion yen, versus 17.6 billion yen for same period a year earlier.
Brother did not revise its forecast for its fiscal year that will end on March 31, 2020. It’s forecasting revenue of 642.0 billion yen, down 8.1 percent year-over-year; operating profit of 60.5 billion yen, down 15.9 percent year-over-year; and profits of 44.5 billion yen, down 17.4 percent year-over-year.
- November 2019: Lower Revenues for Brother, But Some Bright Spots
- August 2019: Revenue, Net Income Down for Brother’s First Quarter
- November 2018: Operating Profit, Net Income up for First Half of Brother’s Fiscal Year
- August 2018: Brother Announces Latest Financial Results
- May 2018: Brother Reports Fiscal Year, Fourth-Quarter Results