Xerox today announced the expansion of its IT Services across Xerox Business Solutions in the United States, with the program providing IT strategy development, procurement, implementation, and 24-hour support.
Designed specifically for small to medium-size businesses (SMBs), Xerox says its IT Services provides a personalized suite of end-to-end IT solutions that streamline technology procurement and implementation, while providing “always-on” IT support.
Leveraging Xerox’s market experience and industry relationships, Xerox IT Services includes hardware procurement, professional engineering, IT product support, managed IT services, and critical information security management. Part of the Xerox IT Services offering also includes “vCIO,” a virtual Chief Information Officer who works one-on-one with customers to address specific business demands. Adopting a technology agnostic approach, Xerox says it’s able to provide businesses with end-to-end IT solutions no matter who makes the products.
The subscription-based program features:
- A predictable cost model for a fully supported IT environment.
- Access to a wide range of specialized engineers for a fixed monthly cost.
- As Xerox has agreements with leading IT manufacturers, it says it can provide best-of-breed solutions unique to each customer’s needs and budget requirements.
- Xerox staff will configure, install and support everything sold.
Data Center Services
With Data Center Services, Xerox will help customers design and build a physical data center infrastructure from the ground up, maintaining what the customer has, or enhancing their existing data center infrastructure.
Data Center Services include:
- Utilization and performance assessments
- Consolidation and virtualization
- Blade server implementation
- Storage integration
- Virtual desktop infrastructures
- Multi-threat security solutions
- Enterprise-wide deployment and testing
- Visibility and management assessments
- Application acceleration and load balancing
- Platform migration and virtualization
- Public, private, and hybrid cloud solutions
- Performance auditing and tuning
- Secure client authentication
- Site planning and floor-plan design
- Rack layout design and installation
- Power and cooling solutions
- Cable plants and premises wiring
- Site security and physical access control
- Fire detection and suppression systems
- Physical data center moves
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): Utility type resources, such as: virtual machines, networking, and storage capacity.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS): Facilitate development environments using pooled and scalable resources.
- Software as a Service (SaaS): Deliver applications from third-party software providers over the internet.
- Cloud mobility
- Power savings
- Application isolation
- Extend the life of older applications
- Built-in high availability
- Data classification assessment
- Information life cycle management consulting
- Consolidation and virtualization
- Enterprise backup and disaster recovery
- Data de-duplication
- Storage replication
- Email filtering and archiving
Other offerings include voice and video collaboration; wireless/mobility solutions; and data security.
Xerox plans to expand IT Services for SMBs internationally, launching in the second quarter in both Canada and the U.K., followed by select European countries later this year.
Rich Artese, general manager for Xerox IT Services, commented: “Most small and medium-sized businesses can’t afford to build out an IT department and related expertise while they’re building a disruptive business. Xerox IT Services provides peace of mind so clients can focus on managing their businesses and feel confident their technology systems will support their organizations’ growth.”
For more information, visit Xerox here.