Epson Expands High-Volume Scanner Portfolio
When we think of Epson, we typically think of inkjet printers. But in fact, the company has been steadily building a portfolio of document (and photo) scanners, with it portfolio now including 12 document scanners for home use and 19 document scanners designed for office use. It also has a portfolio of photo, check, and receipt scanners.
To that end Epson America today expanded its portfolio of high-volume office document scanners with its new WorkForce- ES-865 color duplex document scanner (MSRP $749.99), which Epson bills as a high-speed document scanner for high-volume business applications.
According to Epson, the scanner can scan both sides of a document in a single pass at speeds of up to 65 ppm/130 ipm.
Features of note include:
- Scan to popular cloud storage services such as Evernote, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
- Color LCD display provides easy access to settings, modes, and maintenance features
- 100-page Automatic Document Feeder.
- Versatile paper handling — Scan business cards, ID cards and more; Slow Speed Mode for delicate sheets; Double-feed Detection, Skew Correction and more to prevent misfeeds.
The ES-865 is also equipped with Epson’s ScanSmart Software, which is designed to simplify and streamline the processes of scanning, reviewing and saving documents. Home, small and mid-size business users can upgrade to ScanSmart Software Accounting Edition to help organize and export receipts into existing accounting software, such as QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop, Quicken, and TurboTax.
Compatible with both PCs and Apple Macs, the scanner includes a TWAIN driver for integration with virtually any scanning software, while the built-in Nuance OCR software allows users to create searchable PDFs or editable Microsoft Word and Excel files.
The Epson WorkForce ES-865 will be available on February 13th through major online computer, office and electronic superstores and at www.epson.com. The scanner will feature a one-year limited warranty and optional extended service plans featuring next business day exchange programs.
For more information and complete specifications, visit Epson here.
- May 2019: Additional Epson Scanners Now Certified for Use with PaperVision
- April 2019: Epson Named Number-One Scanner Brand in North America
- January 2019: Epson Introduces its Fastest Workgroup Scanners to Date
- January 2019: Newly Upgraded Epson Software Provides Advanced Accounting Features