New Epson ‘Small-in-One’ for Photo Printing
Epson today unveiled a photo-printing solution designed for crafters and photo enthusiasts, the Expression Photo XP-8600 Small-in-One- Printer ($249.99), which is now available through major retail stores nationwide and at Epson’s retail site, www.epsonstore.com.
According to the company, thanks to smartphones, consumers are turning into creative photographers, instantaneously capturing, editing and sharing photos. This surge is accompanied by a growing desire to preserve tangible copies, with 46 percent of U.S. “millennials” printing photos at home, according to According to Imaging Ecosystem Consumer Research report by Futuresource Consulting (see here).
According to Haol Yao, product manager for Epson America: “We’ve seen a resurgence in photo printing, offering people a personal, tangible experience when sharing memories in addition to posting and sharing digitally across social channels. The latest addition to the Expression lineup gives both photo and DIY enthusiasts an easy-to-use tool to share their favorite memories with high-quality, true-to-life prints.”
The Expression Photo XP-8600 comes equipped with specialty media support for a variety of creative projects, such as printing personalized gifts and custom cards. Featuring six Espon Claria Photo HD inks, including Light Cyan and Light Magenta, the Expression Photo XP-8600 is said to create exceptional images with “smooth gradations and amazing skin tones.” Users can also print directly on CDs and DVDs.
The Expression Photo XP-8600 delivers 4″ x 6″ photos in as fast as 10 seconds and includes red-eye removal, photo restoration and photo editing with the 4.3″ touchscreen. Compatible with Alexa, Siri and Google Assistant, users can print from virtually anywhere in the home with hands-free, voice activated printing, or use the built-in USB and memory card slots for PC-free printing.
The Expression Photo XP-8600 is also compatible with the Epson Creative Print mobile app, which enables users to design and print stationery, cards, CD photo albums, and more. Other features include:
- Print, copy, and scan.
- ISO Print Speed: 9.5 (black)/9.0 (color) ppm.
- Print border-less photos up to 8″ x 10″.
- Print 4″ x 6″ photos in as fast as 10 seconds.
- Special media support via the rear paper feed tray accommodates specialty paper, plus, print directly onto CD/DVDs.
- Wireless and router-free connectivity; designed for easy printing from iPhones, iPads, Android mobile devices, tablets and more; includes Wi-Fi Direct for router-free printing.
- Scan to the cloud for easy photo sharing.
- Ink Palette: Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Light Cyan and Light Magenta.
Visit Epson here for more information and complete specifications.
- October 2019: New Epson ‘Cartridge-Free’ Business Inkjets, Enhanced Reseller Program
- September 2019: New Epson Label-Printer Partnership
- September 2019: New Epson Appointment Underscores Business-Inkjet Strategy
- June 2019: Epson Expands SureLab Professional Photo-Printer Lineup
- February 2019: Epson Expands Voice-Activation for Consumer Printers
- January 2019: Epson Expands Business-Inkjet Family