New Epson Heat-Free Inkjet Printing, 100-PPM WorkForce Enterprise Models
Epson America today introduced new heat-less inkjet-printing technology that’s based on new PrecisionCore inkjet line-head technology, two new color MFPs for the enterprise that incorporate the new technology, as well as a new brand campaign, “Goodbye Laser. Hello Future.” that promotes the advantages of its inkjet printing over laser printing.
The company’s new PrecisionCore Heat-Free Printing Technology is said to provide improved performance, affordable printing, and simplicity to meet the needs of the commercial office market.
Heat-Free Inkjet Printing
Epson says its new heat-free inkjet printing revolutionizes the market with a fast first page out time (FPOT), high-quality printing, low power consumption, and high-capacity ink supplies.
Historically, thermal inkjet printers have relied on heat to eject ink through their nozzles onto media However, Epson’s new heat-less PrecisionCore technology is said to instead use piezoelectric crystal actuators that mechanically eject ink. The process doesn’t require heat, and it’s said to result in inkjet print heads that are highly durable and have very little deterioration over time.
Epson says it’s already used its inkjet printing to disrupt other markets, including photography, fine art, graphics and textile printing, and has now “set its sights on doing the same in the large office and enterprise environments.” It also says industry analysts also see the trajectory toward affordable and fast heat-free printing technology, noting that market-research firm IDC is projecting a 175-percent growth in high-speed color inkjet in the United States over the next three years.
Epson PrecisionCore heat-free technology features:
- Fast operation, as there’s no need to preheat a fuser and warm up before printing, as with laser printers, providing a fast FPOT.
- Low power consumption, as well as cool operation, as Heat Free Technology means low power consumption and a quick recovery time between ink firings. Epson says its new WorkForce Enterprise WF-C20590 with PrecisionCore heat-free technology uses up to 85-percent less energy than the top selling A3 color laser office printers (rated at up to 45 ppm or faster). (See below for more information on the new WorkForce Enterprise WF-C20590.)
- High-capacity ink supplies, with individual cartridges yielding up to 50,000 pages.
‘Goodbye Laser’ Campaign
The new “Goodbye Laser. Hello Future.” brand campaign emphasizes Epson’s “fast, cool, and smart” PrecisionCore Heat-Free Technology, which Epson says is engineered to deliver speed, accuracy and cost-effective printing in the office printing market.
New 100-PPM WorkForce Enterprise Models
Epson introduced two new models that incorporate the new heat-free technology, the A3 WorkForce Enterprise WF-C20590 and WF-M20590, both of which can print at up to 100 ISO ppm while operating on a standard 110-volt outlet, with electrical retro-fitting required. Both models will be available through Epson dealers.
The company says it will also launch new heat-free models in the future for both dealers and end users.
The WF-C20590 features:
- 100-ppm rated print speed in black and color, simplex and duplex.
- Uses up to 50-percent less power consumption than laser counterparts.
- Print, copy, scan, and fax.
- Print on media up to 13″ x 19″ in size.
- 9″ touchscreen.
- Automatic two-sided scanning.
- Supports print-management solutions.
- Print from mobile devices and scan documents to the cloud via a user-friendly touchscreen.
- Maximum 5,350-page maximum paper capacity.
- Epson Durabrite Pigment Pro CYMK ink cartridges each yield up to 50,000 pages.
- Optional document finishing.
Visit Epson here for more information and complete specifications.
Supertank Channel Campaign
A new channel-centric campaign for Epson desktop Supertank inkjet printer solutions will leverage Epson’s relationship with entrepreneur, business owner, and four-time NBA national champion Shaquille O’Neal. As a tech enthusiast, Epson says O’Neal will extend his presence as an Epson brand ambassador to the Supertank line for the commercial desktop channel.
Joseph Contreras, commercial marketing executive for Epson America’s office solutions group, commented: “The future of printing is inkjet, and with the ‘Hello Future’ campaign, Epson’s goal is to educate the market on the advantages of PrecisionCore Heat-Free Technology,. As the business printing market moves toward inkjet, our disruptive Heat-Free Technology solution allows dealers to stay ahead of the curve by offering their customers the future-proof printing solution they demand.”
For more information about Epson PrecisionCore Heat-Free Technology and Epson’s new brand campaign, please visit https://epson.com/business-printers.
- October 2019: Difficult First Half for Epson, But Improving Second Quarter
- October 2019: New Epson Replaceable Ink Pack Printers, Epson PrintAdmin
- September 2019: New Epson Appointment Underscores Business-Inkjet Strategy
- September 2019: New Epson Label-Printer Partnership
- July 2019: Profits Plunge for Epson’s First Quarter, But Maintains Forecast
- June 2019: Epson Continues to Invest in Digital Textile Printing
- January 2019: Epson Expands Business-Inkjet Family