Brother Expands Language-Translation Service
On November 4th, Brother International announced that it’s including document-translations into over 90 languages directly from select Brother MFPs and printers.
The solution will provide Brother customers with access to free machine translations 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year through a sign-up process. More information is available at Brother’s newly launched website.
There are no sign-up fees, service fees, or any other costs for the machine translation services, which only require approximately 30 minutes turnaround time per 2,000 words. Electronic files can also be translated through this service. These translations are Secure Document Translations and Transmission ISO 27001 compliant. Brother’s translations are powered by top-rated global language company, ‘thebigword’, which has more than 600 staff in offices worldwide.
Brother says its device-based translations are suitable for a wide range of uses, from retail needs, such as labeling and signage, to educational materials like school report cards and parent-teacher communications; healthcare providers can use Brother’s translations for many documents (e.g. registration forms), and there also various government applications as well, including case files and contracts.
Studies show that language localization is often the top hurdle when expanding into new markets. Eighty percent of people globally speak a language other than English. Fifty six percent of consumers say the ability to obtain information in their own language is even more important than price.
Brother offers different tiers of translations for every business need, and the new services announced today can be upgraded two levels. In addition to the machine translations, businesses can also select human post-edit translations for only 14 cents per word, or choose enterprise translations by highly trained professionals with industry- specific expertise for only 19 cents per word. This tier also offers advanced file encryption to protect sensitive content throughout every stage of the translation process, and provides the highest level of accuracy for specialized content.
Visit Brother here for more information.
- July 2019: Brother Launches New Lower-Cost INKvestment Tank MFC-J805DW
- May 2019: Brother MFPs Now Feature Compatibility with YSoft Print-Management
- April 2019: Brother Printers/MFPs and Scanner Now Feature OnSoft Integration
- January 2019: New Brother VC-500W Label, Photo Printer with ZINK Ink-Less Printing
- October 2018: Brother Adds Six New Business-Oriented Ink-Tank INKvestment All-in-Ones
- September 2018: Brother Launches New Ad Campaign, Inks A4 Deal with Toshiba
- July 2018: New Brother Inkjets with Hybrid Cartridge/Ink-Tank System Provide Printing For Up To Two Years
- May 2018: Brother Launches New Translation, Security, Customization Solutions