Canon Launches First in New Series of Entry-Level Production Printers
Canon U.S.A. today launched the first in a new series of entry-level color production printers, the imagePRESS Lite C165 printer.
The new imagePRESS Lite C165 printer is designed for high-end office and light production printing, and for “environments that require the simplicity of a walk-up device, but also the high-quality output of a digital press,” according to Canon.
According to the firm, the imagePRESS Lite C165 provides customers with a user-friendly solution built to help deliver high-quality prints, media versatility, user reliability and advanced security features. Featuring a small footprint, plug-and-play 120V power requirement, and versatile workflow options, Canon says this new engine can help expand the capabilities from the copy room to the central reprographic department (CRD).
The firm says the new system provides ease of use for everyday work while delivering production level print and finishing quality, with key vertical segments including real estate, faith-based organizations, non-profit organizations, and legal.
Aimed for in-house printing and small production environments, the imagePRESS Lite C165 can print on paper stocks up to 130 pound Cover (350 gsm) and supports long sheets up to 51.2″, so that users can print marketing collaterals, six-panel brochures, and business cards.
The imagePRESS Lite C165 is designed to deliver the tight front to back registration accuracy needed to produce high-quality deliverables, such as business cards and brochures. To help limit color fluctuations and preserve brand identities, Multi-D.A.T. (Multi Density Adjustment Technology) automatically performs real-time density adjustments while printing with no user or operator intervention.
- A familiar office user interface that supplies uniFLOW and Multifunctional Embedded Application Platform (MEAP) options compatibility.
- An extensive set of security features including McAfee Embedded Control intelligent whitelisting, so that only approved firmware can be downloaded to the system.
- Support for heavy, coated and specialty stocks.
- Energy Star-certified, rated EPEAT Gold, and offers a low Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC) rating.
Canon hasn’t released pricing or specifications yet, but last month, it introduced a variant, the imagePRESS C165, which the Lite version is likely based on. The model introduced last month is rated at up to 65 ppm in black and color at 2,400 dpi, and supports media weights up to 350gsm and media lengths up to 1,300 mm.
The imagePRESS Lite C165 production color digital press will be available through Canon authorized dealers next month.
- October 2019: Canon’s Océ to Become Canon Production Printing
- September 2019: New Canon Large-Format Printer App for Remote Management and More
- August 2019: New Canon Wide-Format Color-Inkjet Printers
- March 2019: Canon Touts Financial Stability, Production Printing