Office-imaging and technology provider Marco announced today that former Sharp Electronics America CEO Doug Albregts has been named president of Marco. Albregts joins the executive team led by CEO Jeff Gau.
In 2016, Albregts was promoted to president and CEO of Sharp Electronics Corporation, and president, CEO, and chairman of Sharp Imaging and Information Company of America. He resigned from that position in May 2018 and was replaced by Mike Marusic. Marco itself was acquired by Norwest Equity Partners in 2015.
“Doug augments our leadership team with his extensive background in national and international expansion of both privately-held and publicly traded companies,” Marco’s Gau said.
As president, CEO, and chairman of Sharp Electronics America, Albregts was responsible for the overall leadership of the consumer products, home appliances, robotics, display devices, energy storage and business/office divisions. Prior to Sharp, Albregts held executive roles at American Express, NEC, Samsung, Canvys, and Golden Books Publishing.
“I’ve known Doug for many years and he is an excellent fit for our organization,” Gau said. “He not only has the expertise we need, but he also has a character and set of values that match our culture. We have a track record of working together, and we look forward to collaborating to expand Marco’s market presence.”
“I’m extremely excited to join the talented Marco team that has been on a tremendous growth trajectory over the past decade,” said Albregts. “I’ve admired how the company has built a best-in-class culture, stayed true to it’s core values and continues to lead by example. I’m fortunate to be able to get back to my Midwestern roots and be part of an incredible opportunity.”
- August 2019: Marco Announces Tenth Acquisition in Two Years
- April 2019: Marco Acquires Accent Business Solutions
- January 2019: Marco Expands in Wisconsin with ESG Purchase
- November 2018: Marco Expands Reach into East Coast with Phillips Acquisition
- October 2018: Marco Acquires ETC ComputerLand
- July 2018: Marco Continues Expansion in Illinois and Wisconsin
- May 2018: Sharp’s Albregts New CEO of Scientific Games’ Gaming Division
- May 2018: Mike Marusic Appointed President and CEO of Sharp Imaging & Information Company