Canon Takes Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Campaign to Russia
Canon Inc. reported today that it’s filed a lawsuit for enforcement of its Russian Federation patents No 2657119 and 2568045, which relate to toner cartridges. Canon filed the lawsuit with the Moscow City Economic Court against the defendants TOPPRINT LLC, a wholesaler, and NV GROUP LLC., which market clone toner cartridges.
Canon believes that certain models of cartridges introduced into civil circulation to the Russian market under trademark “NVPRINT” by said entities infringe on its patents.
The purpose of the lawsuit is to stop infringement and to seek compensation for patent infringement in accordance with the Russian law.
- September 2019: Canon Announces New Amazon Toner Take-Downs, Russian Patent-Infringement Settlement
- September 2019: Canon Obtains More Toner Take-Downs from Amazon
- September 2019: Canon Obtains a Host of Amazon Toner-Take-Downs
- July 2019: Canon Obtains Two New Amazon Toner-Cartridge Take-Downs
- July 2019: Canon Gets New Toner Take-Downs from Amazon U.K. Website
- July 2019: Canon Gets Amazon Canada, Germany Toner Take-Downs