Epson Adds Four New ColorWorks Label Printers
Epson America continues to expand its label-printer line, announcing today four new additions to its ColorWorks on-demand color label printer lineup: the ColorWorks C6000A, C6000P, C6500A, and C6500P.
The first printers specifically designed as a color upgrade to black-only thermal transfer printers, Epson says the new ColorWorks models deliver on-4- or 8-inch color labels at a comparable price. Engineered for mission-critical applications, the printers can print labels at up to 5-inches per second, and are said to enable industrial and commercial organizations to produce high volume color labels for production use. The new ColorWorks label printers are on display at Pack Expo in Las Vegas, Nev., Sept. 23-25, 2019, at Epson’s booth, #C-5204.
Andy Scherz, senior product manager for Epson America Commercial Label Printers, commented: “The industry recognizes the benefits of on-demand color label printing, but we also know it can be difficult to make the transition from a black-only thermal transfer printing process that is already set up in the current workflow. This new family of ColorWorks on-demand label printers provides an easy transition for customers looking to make that vital switch, with similar media handling capabilities, speed, features, and connectivity options that deliver seamless integration with existing workflows, so customers can get up and running with a new, more colorful system, fast.”
Featuring up to 1,200 dpi resolution, the new models are said to produce crisp images comparable to pre-printed labels. Compatible with ZPL II, SA and more, and built to accommodate remote printer management, these versatile printers offer seamless integration with an existing workflow. Four- and eight-inch models cover the full spectrum of label sizes, with two models being the first ever color inkjet printers to support peel-and-present capabilities for fast hand or automated label application, and two models including an auto cutter to create variable length labels and enable easy job separation.
Epson also says the new ColorWorks models deliver dependable, commercial inkjet printing with fast-drying, durable color inks and enhanced productivity, while offering cost and inventory reduction compared to using pre-printed labels. Other features include:
- Up to 1,200 dpi resolution with various droplet sizes; crisp images comparable to pre-printed labels.
- Compatible with ZPL II, major middleware, SAP, Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac, and Linux.
- Remote printer management for managing large fleets over the network.
- The C6000A and C6500A come standard with automatic cutter, which is said to be ideal for fast, on-demand applications
- Applicator I/O Control Port for Automated Workflow – Supports I/O commands; can be integrated into nearly any workflow
- Meets BS 5609 certification.
The new ColorWorks C6000 family of on-demand label printer models will be available in January 2020 through Epson’s network of authorized partners. For additional information, visit Epson here.
- September 2019: New Industrial Label Printers from Epson
- September 2019: New Epson Label-Printer Partnership
- September 2017: New Epson Seven-Color Inkjet SurePress L-4533AW Label-Printing Press
- June 2017: Epson Claims ‘Record Sales’ for SurePress Label Printers