New Canon imageCLASS Models Feature Enhanced Security, Usability
Canon U.S.A. today added four new imageCLASS black-and-white laser printers to its imageCLASS family.
Designed for small businesses, these new models include the new imageCLASS MF448dw/MF445dw (rated at up to 40 ppm black-and-white MFPs) and imageCLASS LBP227dw/LBP226dw (rated at up to 40 ppm black-and-white single function printers), all of which have been designed to improve Canon’s device offering in its mid-range imageCLASS printer family.
The MF448dw/MF445dw and LBP227dw use Canon’s Application Library device platform, providing a customizable experience for small business professionals in a variety of industries, including healthcare, finance, hospitality, and government. These models build upon the platform capability of their predecessors with new features such as:
- Language: To provide ease of use for multi-language environments, as well as to support the needs of international clients in vertical segments such as hospitality, this function provides users the ability to change the language on the device user interface with the push of a button.
- Name and Scan: Said to be ideal for businesses such as law firms where searching for documents can be cumbersome, through this function, users can assign a name (keyword, ID, date and time) to a sent file and easily sort it into the appropriate storage location, making it easier to retrieve important files.
For security, all four new models also add the ability to perform a verify-system-at-startup process. This helps to verify the validity of the device firmware and Application Library platform and helps prevent unauthorized modifications.
Canon offers its optional Auto Replenish Service on the MF445dw and LBP226dw models. Users who sign up for this subscription program will automatically receive toner cartridges, which are shipped directly to the user when the printer sends an alert that toner is running low.
The MF448dw/MF445dw models offer a three-year standard limited warranty via Canon’s 100-percent U.S.-based service and support network.
The new imageCLASS MF445dw and LBP226dw are available through the Canon Online Store, as well as authorized retailers and resellers for purchase immediately. The imageCLASS MF448dw and LBP227dw will be available through authorized resellers immediately.
For more information, visit www.usa.canon.com/imageCLASS.
- May 2019: Canon Expands A4 Color Portfolio with New imageCLASS Models
- April 2019: Canon Leader in U.S. Copier/MFP Market
- February 2019: New A4 imageCLASS Desktop MFPs from Canon
- February 2019: New Canon imageRUNNER Advance 3rd Edition with Beefed-Up Security