Epson Reaches Milestone of 40 Million Ink-Tank Printer Sales
Seiko Epson of Tokyo, Japan, reported today that cumulative global sales of its high-capacity ink-tank inkjet printers have reached 40 million units.
Epson launched its first high-capacity ink tank inkjet printers in October 2010 in Indonesia, and by its fiscal-year 2018 had expanded into some 150 countries and regions. By first establishing a presence in emerging markets and then making inroads into developed economies, Epson says it’s seen its high-capacity ink-tank models account for a growing percentage of the total inkjet market each year. As a result, Epson has continued to maintain the global top share in the high-capacity ink tank printer market for nine consecutive years, according to research conducted by IDC (Source: IDC’s Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker 2019Q1).
In its fiscal-year 2019, Epson says it will accelerate the transition from ink cartridge printers to high-capacity ink tank printers by continuing to highlight the latter’s advantage in terms of cost per print and environmental performance. The company says it will also increase the replacement of laser printers by strengthening its lineup of “blazingly fast and durable office inkjets that allow users in all segments to print freely without worrying about costs.”
Through these efforts, Epson plans to sell 10.2 million high-capacity ink-tank printers in its fiscal-year 2019 – an increase of 13 percent compared to the previous fiscal year. This is expected to account for about 64 percent of Epson’s total inkjet printer sales
- July 2019: Profits Plunge for Epson’s First Quarter, But Maintains Forecast
- June 2019: Epson Continues to Invest in Digital Textile Printing
- January 2019: Epson Revenue, Profits Flat in Latest Financial Results
- October 2018: Epson Reports Latest Financial Results
- July 2018: Epson Reports Latest Financial Results
- July 2018: Epson Says It’s Sold 30 Million Ink-Tank Inkjet Printers
- April 2018: Epson Number-One Inkjet Vendor in India; Opens New Vietnam Sales Office