Canon Partners with PrinterLogic for Serverless Printing
Canon U.S.A. today reported that it’s partnered with PrinterLogic, a provider of serverless printing infrastructure for the enterprise. Under the new partnership, Canon customers will now be able to integrate PrinterLogic’s platform with Canon’s third-generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE solutions.
The new partnership will enable Canon customers to benefit from PrinterLogic’s serverless platform, allowing them to deploy and manage print drivers across a wide range of print environments and across an extensive array of devices and manufacturers, including the Canon third generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE solutions.
Shinichi Yoshida, executive vice president and general manager for Canon U.S.A., explained: “Security is top-of-mind to Canon as we continue to help prepare enterprises for the office of the future, which is why we consider this integration so valuable for our customers. Through PrinterLogic, our users now have even more ways to print to and release from Canon solutions in a manner that can help users protect their confidential information, and PrinterLogic customers can similarly now take full advantage of the powerful imageRUNNER ADVANCE platform to enhance their print infrastructure and take advantage of a wide array of print security features.”
“Canon’s customers can now fully benefit from PrinterLogic’s serverless, Secure Release printing capabilities,” commented Noel O’Dwyer, vice president of strategic alliances at PrinterLogic. “Combining PrinterLogic’s powerful printer and driver management solutions with Canon’s formidable solutions can result in improved experiences for customers.”
PrinterLogic’s integration with Canon includes the following benefits:
- Elimination of print servers. IT professionals can eliminate all print servers and centrally manage all compatible, networked printers from a single, central console, helping to increase reliability while using security features and helping to reduce print-related costs. End users can now install printers themselves without the need to call their help desk.
- Universal printing functionality. PrinterLogic’s platform works with all manufacturer print drivers. This includes built-in support for various Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac, Linux, and virtualized end-user workstations so that users can enjoy full-featured, dependable printing, including in mixed-OS environments.
- Ease of use. The PrinterLogic platform also provides users with the ease of use to quickly deploy, update, and configure drivers from a single, central console.
For more information about PrinterLogic, visit the company here.
New Control Panel Application for Canon
Last month, PrinterLogic also announced a new dedicated Control Panel Application (CPA) for Canon imageRUNNER MFPs.
Once installed and launched, the app appears on the imageRUNNER’s touchscreen so that users can manage and securely release print jobs held on a workstation for authentication.
The Canon CPA is PrinterLogic’s first app based on its new Control Panel Platform, which employs a common code base that the company says will facilitate rapid development of other cloud-compatible Gen 2 CPAs now underway. The new apps provide equivalent functionality on both PrinterLogic’s on-premise and SaaS (software as a service) platforms.
Benefits of the Gen 2 architecture are said to include a more streamlined user experience, a faster, more responsive console, improved printing speed, better CPA management tools for IT admins, and a uniform user interface across a mix of printers. The new generation of CPAs also looks and behaves the same no matter what printer brand is being used.
The new Gen 2 CPA for Canon. View all your secure print jobs and select only those you want to print, as well delete jobs that no longer need to be printed.
The CPA is “Canon-certified,” as it’s undergone testing in Canon’s labs and meets all functionality and compatibility standards for the imageRUNNER ADVANCE family of devices.
The new CPA also supports time-saving Single Sign-on (SSO) protocols. On printer models with native SSO functionality, users authenticate one time to access any printer app or function. Or, if the user has already authenticated on the printer, the Gen 2 CPA has a “listener” mode to bypass the login step when it’s time to release a held document.
PrinterLogic says that what the new console software doesn’t change is an easy to use, secure pull-printing process that many PrinterLogic users are already familiar with.
- August 2019: Canon Announces Availability of Kofax AutoStore 8
- July 2019: McAfee Whitelisting Now Available for Canon Copier/MFPs
- April 2019: Canon Leader in U.S. Copier/MFP Market
- February 2019: New Canon imageRUNNER Advance 3rd Edition with Beefed-Up Security
- February 2019: New A4 imageCLASS Desktop MFPs from Canon
- February 2019: Nuance Completes Sale of Document Imaging Division to Kofax
- October 2018: Canon Launches 3rd Generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE High-Speed A4 MFPS