Xerox’s Job Eliminations Estimated at 4,500
According to the CTPost, there have been approximately 4,500 job eliminations so far this year at Xerox. The eliminations came through a mix of attrition, layoffs, and a new outsourcing agreement announced in March with HCL, a New Delhi, India, outsourcing company.
Xerox’s global workforce is now estimated to be 28,000 employees, down from last year’s 35,000 employees. In June 2016, the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle stated that Xerox’s global workforce consisted of some 144,000 employees.
The CTPost states that multiple anonymous sources have cited 6,000 jobs as the number being transferred to HCL.
- July 2019: Xerox Focusing on Growing Software, Services to Reverse Revenue Trajectory
- July 2019: Revenue Down but Net Income up for Xerox’s Second Quarter
- July 2019: Xerox Receives Green Light for Holding-Company Reorganization
- June 2019: Xerox, HP Inc. Partner Together on PCs, Printers, DaaS Technology
- June 2019: Xerox Acquires Two Multi-Line Dealers
- May 2019: Xerox Reports First-Quarter Results
- May 2019: Fujifilm Posts Upbeat Financial Results; Will Pursue Xerox Take-Over in Court
- April 2019: Xerox Merging Some XBS Companies