Canon Gets New Toner Take-Downs from Amazon U.K. Website
Canon Inc. of Tokyo, Japan, continues its campaign to have unauthorized, third-party laser-printer supplies removed from the Amazon ecommerce website, announcing today that it had filed Report Infringement Forms with Amazon UK regarding third-party toner cartridges.
Canon’s complaint is based on the alleged use of claims 1 and 2 of the U.K. portion of Canon’s European Patent EP 1 977 289 (“EP ‘289”) regarding the toner-cartridge models “CE320A,” “CE321A,” “CE322A” and “CE323A” offered by AMZIC LTD under the ASINs (Amazon Standard Identification Numbers) B00ATL31UG, B00ATD3JH4, B07KX3GTYY, B07KX24QRV, B07KX1TTMN, B07KX25C63 and B07KX2T8KD.
Afterwards, Amazon took down the respective products. These products are compatible with the HP toner=cartridge models and provide inter alia a non-OEM housing and a non-OEM force receiving device according to claim 1 of EP ‘289. Furthermore, they comprise an elastic portion according to claim 2 of EP ‘289.
Canon noted that filing a Report Infringement Form with Amazon is a service offered by Amazon and does not comprise any official finding of validity or infringement of a patent. The decision to take down a product is in the discretion of Amazon and is based on information provided by Canon.
Amazon informed the vendor about the take-down and the vendor may object to it.
- July 2019: Canon Gets Amazon Canada, Germany Toner Take-Downs
- July 2019: Canon Announces New Amazon Toner-Cartridge Take-Downs
- July 2019: Canon Reaches Mediation Decision with Tonet
- June 2019:Canon Gets Toner-Take-Downs from Amazon Spain, Italy
- June 2019: Canon, Turbon Sign Patent-Infringement Settlement Agreement
- June 2019: Amazon Takes Down More Toner Cartridges from U.S. Website
- June 2019: More Amazon Take-Downs for Canon; Settles with German Remanufacturer
- June 2019: Canon Gets Amazon Italy Toner Take-Downs; Preliminary Injunction