Kyocera Acquires ICT, IT Infrastructure Company
On July 3rd, Kyocera Document Solutions of Osaka, Japan, announced that it had acquired Huon IT for an undisclosed sum. Huon IT is an Australian-based provider of information and communications (ICT) services including IT infrastructure design and maintenance.
Huon IT has been in business for some 30 years and is based in Sydney, Australia,
According to Kyocera, in recent years, the document-solutions market in Australia has been moving from managed document services (MDS) to comprehensive services, which includes IT infrastructure development and management in addition to MDS.
As a response to this, Kyocera says it will integrate Huon IT’s expertise in providing ICT services to a wide range of customers with its local sales company’s (Kyocera Document Solutions Australia) operations to strengthen the business in the Australian market and enhance its services capabilities.
In conjunction with Huon’s ICT services, Kyocera also plans to offer its enterprise content management (ECM) solutions, which automates and streamlines workflows. It also says it will strengthen its services portfolio, including not only MDS and ICT services, but also ECM solutions.
Overview of Huon IT Pty Ltd
|Name||Huon IT Pty Ltd|
|Locations||Head office: Belrose, New South Wales, Australia
Offices: North Sydney, New South Wales & Melbourne, Victoria
|Operations||Business-to-business ICT services including:
1. IT systems design, implementation and project management
2. Managed services including IT support, monitoring, management and maintenance of infrastructure, networks, end user devices and IP telephony
3. Private, hybrid and public cloud services
4. Cybersecurity maturity programs, auditing, and end user awareness training
5. Disaster recovery and backup as a service
6. Software development, business intelligence, and document management systems
7. Strategic advisory including IT auditing, CIO as a Service, and planning
- April 2019: Kyocera Posts Record Revenue High for Fiscal Year
- April 2019: Kyocera Introduces New Global Corporate Branding
- April 2019: Kyocera Stresses Dealer Commitment, Solutions, at Dealer Show
- February 2019: Sales Up, But Profits Down for Kyocera
- December 2016: KYOCERA UK Acquires a Leading UK Provider of MPS and ICT Services