Canon Gets Amazon Canada, Germany Toner Take-Downs
On July 11th, Canon Inc. of Tokyo, Japan, announced that it taken actions to have unauthorized third-party toner cartridges removed from the Amazon ecommerce website:
Canon filed an infringement report with Amazon.ca seeking removal of an Amazon.ca listing for certain toner cartridges sold by SaveOnMany.
Canon’s infringement report alleged that certain model CF210A and CE320A toner cartridges sold by SaveOnMany via Amazon.ca infringed Canon’s Canadian Patent no. 2,635,791. Canon requested the removal of the corresponding listings for these products, having Amazon Standard Identification Numbers B015PG9D0Q and B00J4EA2EW.
At the time of this announcement, products sold under the above identified listings were no longer available on Amazon.ca.
Zhong shan Cartridges
Canon announced that it had filed a Report Infringement Form with Amazon DE based on the alleged use of claims 1 and 25 of the German portion of Canon’s European Patent EP 2 087 407 regarding the cartridge models “CE505A,” “CF280A,” “CF280A” and “CF226A” offered by Zhong shan shi cai pin dian zi you xian gong si under the ASINs (Amazon Standard Identification Numbers) B07HM7FS4G, B07H82YQG6, B07H826T8C and B07HLN7PD7.
Afterwards, Amazon took down the respective products. These products are compatible with the HP toner-cartridge models CE505A, CF280A, CF280X and CF226A and provide inter alia a non-OEM coupling member, a non-OEM drum as well as a non-OEM housing.
Canon noted that filing a Report Infringement Form with Amazon is a service offered by Amazon and does not comprise any official finding of validity or infringement of a patent. The decision to take down a product is in the discretion of Amazon and is based on information provided by Canon.
Amazon informed the vendor about the take-down and the vendor may object to it.
- July 2019: Canon Announces New Amazon Toner-Cartridge Take-Downs
- July 2019: Canon Reaches Mediation Decision with Tonet
- June 2019:Canon Gets Toner-Take-Downs from Amazon Spain, Italy
- June 2019: Canon, Turbon Sign Patent-Infringement Settlement Agreement
- June 2019: Amazon Takes Down More Toner Cartridges from U.S. Website
- June 2019: More Amazon Take-Downs for Canon; Settles with German Remanufacturer
- June 2019: Canon Gets Amazon Italy Toner Take-Downs; Preliminary Injunction
- May 2019:Canon Appeals Key ITC Patent-Infringement Ruling