Brother Launches New Lower-Cost INKvestment Tank MFC-J805DW
While high-capacity ink cartridges and inkjet printers/All-in-Ones with high-yield refillable ink tank cartridges have proven increasingly popular among users, one drawback is that they tend to be priced significantly higher than competitors. Today, however Brother International USA says it’s addressing that challenge with the introduction of a high-yield, lower-cost All-in-One, the new INKvestment Tank MFC-J805DW All-in-One color-inkjet printer, which has an estimated retail price of $159.99.
Brother also says the new model includes in the box up to one year’s worth of ink, based on average monthly print volumes of approximately 150 pages consisting of 60-percent black pages and 40 percent color pages in accordance with the ISO/IEC 24711 test standard using the four ink cartridges provided in-box. Brother also says that users can print for less than $0.01 per page in black and less than $0.05 per page in color with INKvestment Tank Ultra High-Yield replacement cartridges
Phil Lubell, vice president, SOHO/Consumer Product and Brand Marketing at Brother, commented: “Our research shows that people hate replacing ink so much that they are actually throwing their printers out rather than dealing with the hassle. With that in mind, we’re adding a low-cost printer to our INKvestment Tank lineup with the same great features our customers expect, including up to a full year’s worth of ink right in the box.”
The INKvestment Tank MFC-J805DW incorporates Brother’s INKvestment ink-tank that use high-yield Brother ink cartridges and an internal ink storage tank to deliver more pages of uninterrupted printing (for more on this system, see New Brother Inkjets with Hybrid Cartridge/Ink-Tank System Provide Printing For Up To Two Years).
The MFC-J805DW also features:
- An Intelligent Page Gauge that indicates approximately how many pages that can be printed.
- Built-in wireless connectivity, or connect locally to a computer via USB.
- Print and scan wirelessly from desktops, laptops, smartphones, and tablets.
- 20-sheet automatic document feeder; paper-bypass tray, and 150-sheet paper tray for letter- or legal-size paper. Also included is automatic two-sided duplex printing.
- Scan documents to accounts at popular cloud services, including Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, and more.
- Two-Year Limited Warranty and free online, call or live chat support for the entire life of the printer.
For more information and complete specifications, visit Brother here.
- May 2019: Brother MFPs Now Feature Compatibility with YSoft Print-Management
- April 2019: Brother Printers/MFPs and Scanner Now Feature OnSoft Integration
- January 2019: New Brother VC-500W Label, Photo Printer with ZINK Ink-Less Printing
- October 2018: Brother Adds Six New Business-Oriented Ink-Tank INKvestment All-in-Ones
- September 2018: Brother Launches New Ad Campaign, Inks A4 Deal with Toshiba
- July 2018: New Brother Inkjets with Hybrid Cartridge/Ink-Tank System Provide Printing For Up To Two Years
- May 2018: Brother Launches New Translation, Security, Customization Solutions