LD Products Touts Toner-Cartridge Test Results Versus HP OEM Toner
LD Products, which is based in Long Beach, California, and markets third-party toner and ink cartridges, as well as other office supplies, recently reported that testing performed by Buyers Laboratory showed that its new-build Gold Line toner cartridges “received positive independent third-party testing.”
According to LD Products, in testing of the LD Products CF226X versus the HP CF226X:
- “LD Gold Line cartridges produced good overall quality. Solids from the LD Gold Line toner were darker and richer than those produced by HP.”
- “All LD Gold Line cartridges tested operated reliably, completing testing with no malfunctions, and they surpassed their rated yields”
- “LD Gold Line cartridges offer a significantly lower cost of ownership (than OEM)”
- Across all BLI Tests HP OEM scored 4.08 and GOLD Line 3.81 out of a possible 5.
LD Products also reported that in testing of the LD Products CF281X Extended Yield toner cartridge versus the HP CF 281X with 25,000-page yield:
- “The LD Gold Line extended yield cartridges, which have a rated yield of 40,000 pages, surpassed their rated yield by 16% (Averaging 46,507 pages)
- “Buyers Lab calculates that the LD GOLD Line Extended yield toner would be about a third of the cost of genuine cartridges when printing 15,000 pages per month over a five-year period.”
- Across all BLI Tests, HP OEM scored 4.17 and GOLD Line 3.93 out of a possible 5.
According to LD Products, BLI confidentially sourced print cartridges from dealers throughout Q1 2019 and compared them to the genuine OEM cartridges. The process of evaluation took one month, with devices running at accelerated volumes and using an industry standard target, to accurately compare the cartridges on print quality, yield and value.