Canon Gets Toner-Take-Downs from Amazon Spain, Italy
Canon Inc. of Tokyo, Japan, today announced the filing of a Report Infringement Form with Amazon.es based on the alleged use of claim 1 and 25 of the Spanish portion of Canon’s European Patent EP 2 087 407 regarding the toner-cartridge model CE505A offered by BAILON GONZALEZ JORGE under the ASINs (Amazon Standard Identification Numbers) B018W4C0I0, B018W4C12U, B018W4C1O8, B018W4C28S, B018W4C2WY, and B018W4C3O6.
Afterwards, Amazon took down the respective product. This product is compatible with the OEM HP toner-cartridge model CE505A and provides inter alia a non-OEM coupling member, a non-OEM drum as well as a non-OEM housing.
Canon also reported today that it filed a Report Infringement Form with Amazon Italy based on the alleged use of claim 1 and 25 of the Italian portion of Canon’s European Patent EP 2 087 407 regarding the toner-cartridge model “CE505A”, “CF280A”, “CE505X” and “CF280X”offered by LPC Società a Responsabilià Limitata Semplificata under the ASINs (Amazon Standard Identification Number) B07FB2CH6N, B00ZAG0QQ2 and B00Z78N1U6.
Afterwards, Amazon took down the respective products. These products are compatible with the OEM HP toner-cartridge model CE505A, CF280A, CE505X and CF280X and provide inter alia a non-OEM coupling member, a non-OEM drum as well as a non-OEM housing.
Canon noted that filing a Report Infringement Form with Amazon is a service offered by Amazon and does not comprise any official finding of validity or infringement of a patent. The decision to take down a product is in the discretion of Amazon and is based on information provided by Canon.
Amazon informed the vendors about the take-downs and the vendors may object to it.
- June 2019: Canon, Turbon Sign Patent-Infringement Settlement Agreement
- June 2019: Amazon Takes Down More Toner Cartridges from U.S. Website
- June 2019: More Amazon Take-Downs for Canon; Settles with German Remanufacturer
- June 2019: Canon Gets Amazon Italy Toner Take-Downs; Preliminary Injunction
- May 2019:Canon Appeals Key ITC Patent-Infringement Ruling
- May 2019:Canon Requests Multiple Amazon Toner Take-Downs, Settles with Alphaink
- May 2019: Canon Receives Amazon Toner Take-Downs, Preliminary Injunction