According to Reed Hecht, senior product manager for Epson America’s Professional Imaging group, “Epson strives to meet the needs of all photographers and print shop providers, from wide-format gallery prints to small-format quick photo prints. Ideal for photo labs, as well as retail, resort and event photographers, the new SureLab D870 meets the market need for a high-speed, high-demand, small-format photo printer that produces superb image quality at exceptional print speeds.”
Successor to the SureLab D700, the SureLab D870 features a new roll-paper holder designed to make changing media rolls easier, and now supports a minimum media width of 3.5″. It can print on glossy, luster, and matte surfaces up to 8.3” x 39.” A new optional media output tray collects print jobs, keeping large runs of prints organized and off the desk.
The SureLab D870 leverages Epson technology to print on an array of photo finishes, in a variety of border-free sizes, including panoramas. Other features include:
- 6-color UltraChrome D6r-S dye-based inks provide a wide color gamut designed for true-to-life, and smudge-, water-, and fade-resistant prints.
- Uses Epson’s MicroPiezoAMC print head and AccuPhoto image processing and screening technology for smooth gradations, accurate skin tones and sharp photos.,
- Prints on an array of media, including glossy, luster and matte surfaces, in a variety of sizes, including 4” x 6”, 5” x 3.5”, 5” x 5”, 5” x 7”, 6” x 6”, 6” x 20”, 8” x 8”, 8” x 10” and 8” x 20”
- Includes Epson Professional Photographic Print Drivers for Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac; allows for printing directly from popular photo printing applications or kiosk systems
- Backed by Epson’s U.S.-based support team and standard 1-year Epson Preferred limited warranty with whole-unit exchange.
The SureLab D870 will be available through Epson Authorized Professional Imaging Resellers in July 2019. For more information and complete specifications visit Epson here, and here for more information on Epson’s SureLab professional photo-printing lineup.
- May 2019: Epson Launches Supertank Models with 6,000-Page Yield Ink Bottles
- January 2019: Epson Expands Business-Inkjet Family
- December 2018: New Epson Print Admin Serverless for Epson Workgroup MFPs and Printers
- October 2018: New Epson Replaceable Ink Pack Printers, Epson PrintAdmin
- August 2018: Epson Launches ‘Pay-as-You-Go’ Ink-Replenishment Service
- July 2018: Epson Says It’s Sold 30 Million Ink-Tank Inkjet Printers