New Epson Voice-Activated Color Inkjet All-in-Ones for Home Use
Epson America today expanded its WorkForce and Expression line of color-inkjet All-in-Ones, including one WorkForce home-office model and two Expression inkjet models designed for home/consumer use. The new WorkForce WF-2830 All-in-One Printer is designed for the home office, while the Expression Home XP-4100 and Expression Premium XP-6100 Small-in-One are designed for home/consumer use.
The new models are compatible with Alexa, Siri and Google Assistant for hands-free voice-activated printing. Epson introduced its first voice-command-enabled printers/All-in-Ones in November 2018 (see Epson EcoTank, WorkForce, Expression Models Now Feature Voice-Activated Printing), while Sharp Electronics introduced the first printer/MFPs with voice command in December 2018 (see Sharp Launches First Voice-Driven Copier/MFPs).
The new models also support driver-less printing from Chromebooks, as users can print without installing or maintaining print drivers. They also support WiFi Direct wireless connectivity.
- Home Office Solution: The WorkForce WF-2830 ($79.99 MSRP) is rated at ISO 10.5 (black)/4.5 (color) ppm. and is a four-in-one (print, copy, scan, fax) that features 30-page Automatic Document Feeder, and automatic two-sided printing. It uses individual Epson Claria ink cartridges, including pigment Black Claria ink. Visit Epson here for more information.
- Efficient Everyday Printing: The Expression Home XP-4100 ($99.99 MSRP) is a three-in-one (print, copy, scan) rated at ISO 10.0 (black)/4.0 (color) ppm. It features a 2.4″ color LCD and uses Epson’s Claria instant-dry individual ink cartridges. There’s a 100-sheet paper tray, plus automatic two-sided printing. It’s also compatible with the Epson Creative Print App, enabling users to create custom projects such as photo collages, greeting cards, stationery and more, right from their iOS or Android mobile devices. Visit Epson here for more information.
- Impressive Photo Quality: The Expression Premium XP-6100 ($149.99 MSRP) is a three-in-one (print, copy, scan) said to provide superior image quality photo, and uses an individual five-color Epson Claria Premium Inks. It features WiFi Direct wireless connectivity, border-less photo printing on up to 8″ x 10″, and is rated at ISO 15.8 (black)/11.3 (color) ppm, and can print 4″ x 6″ photos in as fast as 15 seconds. There’s also automatic two-sided printing, built-in USB and memory card slots, an improved 2.4″ color LCD screen, and dedicated photo and CD/DVD trays. Visit Epson here for more information.
- May 2019: Epson Rolls Out 100-PPM A3 Mono MFP for Enterprises
- February 2019: Epson Expands Voice-Activation for Consumer Printers
- January 2019: Epson Expands Business-Inkjet Family
- January 2019: Epson Revenue, Profits Flat in Latest Financial Results
- December 2018: New Epson Print Admin Serverless for Epson Workgroup MFPs and Printers
- November 2018: Epson EcoTank WorkForce, Expression Models Now Feature Voice-Activated Printing
- July 2018: New Epson Replaceable-Ink-Pack Models Feature Enterprise Security, Manageability
- July 2018: New Epson Factory to Triple Inkjet-Print-Head Production