Declining Sales, Profits for Toshiba TEC’s Fiscal Year
On May 10th, Toshiba TEC of Tokyo, Japan, reported results for its fiscal year that ended on March 31, 2019.
Net sales were ¥476.8 billion, down ¥36.5 billion versus the previous fiscal year; operating profit was ¥18.0 billion, down ¥6.6 billion versus the previous fiscal year; and profit attributable to the owners of the company was ¥11.2 billion, down ¥6.3 billion versus the previous fiscal year.
Toshiba TEC’s Printing Solutions Group’s results were a bright spot for the company. Net sales for the Printing Solutions Group were ¥192.9 billion, up ¥7.0 billion, while operating profit was ¥5.7 billion, up ¥1.6 billion, with both versus the previous fiscal year.
For its current fiscal year that will end on March 31, 2020, Toshiba TEC is forecasting net sales of ¥480.0 billion, up ¥3.2 billion; operating profit of ¥20 billion, up ¥2.0 billion; and profit attributable to the owners of the company of ¥12.0, up ¥0.8 billion, with all versus the previous fiscal year.
- November 2018: Toshiba TEC Reports Lower Earnings, Revenue for First Half
- August 2018: Toshiba, Toshiba TEC Report Latest Financial Results
- May 2018: Stellar Fiscal Year for Toshiba TEC
- February 2018: Profit up Sharply for Toshiba TEC, but Profit Padding at Subsidiary Reported
- May 2017: Toshiba Tec Rolls Out World’s First Copier/MFP with Erasable Print Capability