Canon Expands A4 Color Portfolio with New imageCLASS Models
Canon U.S.A. today launched new laser-based A4 color All-in-One/MFPs, the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C475iF III Series, as well as the new imageCLASS MF746Cdw and LBP664Cdw, all of which are available through authorized Canon dealers.
Shinichi Yoshida, executive vice president and general manager for Canon U.S.A., noted the increasing demand for A4 color models, commenting: “The evolution of our diverse A4 product portfolio reflects our strong dedication to deliver a cohesive fleet implementation for the offices of the future. As market demand for the A4 segment increases, these models will broaden the available product selection so that customers may choose ones that best suit their specific needs and applications, while also benefiting from working with fleets comprised of products that share a number of common characteristics.”
imageRUNNER ADVANCE C475iF III Series
The new imageRUNNER ADVANCE C475iF III Series is for small businesses and workgroups that require color printing, copying, and scanning on letter- and legal-size paper. The series consists two models, both rated at up to 50 ppm, the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C475iF III and imageRUNNER ADVANCE C475iFZ III, the latter of which includes an internal stapler-finisher.
These models incorporate Canon’s MEAP platform and are said to build on the success of Canon’s third generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE third-edition platform, featuring Unified Firmware Platform version 3.8.
With various security features integrated at the design level, Canon says the third-edition models can help users limit unauthorized access. Both models also come standard with a single-pass duplexing automatic document feeder for scanning speeds of up to 100 ipm (in duplex mode at 300 dpi).
Color imageCLASS MF746Cdw MFP and Color imageCLASS LBP664Cdw Printer
The new Color imageCLASS MF746Cdw MFP and Color imageCLASS LBP664Cdw printer are both said to provide high-quality imaging, minimal maintenance, print speeds of up to 28 ppm in both color and black-and-white, and 5″ color touchscreen.
Both new models support Canon’s customized device platform, Application Library, which incorporates four additional features into the imageCLASS MF746Cdw:
- Name and Scan: Users can assign a name (keyword, ID, date. and time) to a sent file to assist in sorting into the appropriate storage location.
- Language (also available with the Canon LBP664Cdw): Users can change the default language on the printer’s screen display.
- Copy (Enhance Text): Darken light-density text on originals during copying.
- Fax and Store: Press the Fax and Store button to send a fax to its destination and archive the fax image upon successful transmission.
The new imageRUNNER ADVANCE series and imageCLASS models also support Canon’s uniFLOW, uniFLOW Online, and standard uniFLOW Online Express.
- April 2019: Canon Leader in U.S. Copier/MFP Market
- February 2019: New A4 imageCLASS Desktop MFPs from Canon
- February 2019: New Canon imageRUNNER Advance 3rd Edition with Beefed-Up Security
- January 2019: New Canon IRISPowerscan 10 for Automating Document Workflows
- October 2018: Canon Launches 3rd Generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE High-Speed A4 MFPS
- August 2018: Canon Announces Next-Gen uniFlow Online 2018.1