New EFI Fiery Servers Deliver up to Two-Times Faster Processing Speed
On April 25th, Electronics For Imaging (EFI) launched new versions of its EFI Fiery digital front ends (DFEs) for super-wide-format printers.
The newest-version Fiery proServer Premium with GPU hardware acceleration combined with the latest Fiery DFE software, are said to together deliver up to two-times faster performance on EFI super-wide-format printers. This software update also supports more than 70 new third-party printers and delivers additional productivity, color management, usability, and integration enhancements.
Thanks to the unique GPU hardware acceleration implementation and the tailored hardware configuration of the new Fiery proServer Premium platform, EFI customers can do more work per shift, and achieve continuous print production — even at their fastest print speeds. This latest offering can process single jobs at double the speed compared to previous Fiery proServers, making it the fastest option available for EFI superwide print producers.
“We continue to enhance Fiery DFE performance to enable our customers to be more productive, get the most out of their chosen printer, and help increase their competitiveness with higher-quality output and better color management,” said John Henze, vice president of sales and marketing, EFI Fiery. “Plus, our latest Fiery Command WorkStation user interface makes it even easier for customers to take advantage of Fiery DFEs’ powerful features across their entire cut-sheet and large-format production platforms.”
New Features for Better Quality, Management, and Integration
Users can now also benefit from a host of new capabilities in EFI’s latest Fiery super-wide-format printing software update, which features:
- Enhanced control over tile positioning for optimal substrate consumption, with the ability to enable rotation, positioning, and alignment of split tiles for maximum flexibility.
- Improved finishing integration capabilities, including cutting barcodes for Colex cutters.
- A new rendering intent for dynamic gamut mapping that produces superior color results automatically.
EFI says its new Fiery solutions for super-wide-format printing also deliver better data capabilities, communicating advanced device information from EFI printers including ink type, dot size, print mode, and halftoning. Customers can further streamline their production workflows by directly importing that data into upcoming versions of the EFI Midmarket Print Suite ERP workflow and EFI MarketDirect StoreFront web-to-print/eCommerce software.
EFI also says print professionals can also benefit from using the latest-version EFI Fiery Command WorkStation software to access all Fiery Driven printers from a single, user-friendly interface. The updated Fiery Command WorkStation is a native 64-bit application and features HiDPI monitor support, as well as support for Konica Minolta FD-9 and Barbieri Spectro LFB qb spectrophotometers.
The newly launched Fiery products for super-wide-format printing are commercially available now on a worldwide basis. For more information about advanced inkjet display graphics printing using EFI products, visit www.efi.com.
- April 2019: EFI To Be Acquired by Private-Equity Firm Siris Capital
- January 2019: EFI Announces Preliminary Results for Fourth-Quarter 2018
- October 2018: EFI Posts Third-Quarter Results
- July 2018: EFI CEO Guy Gecht to Step Down
- May 2018: EFI Reports Record First-Quarter Revenue For First-Quarter 2018
- January 2018: EFI Showcases New Age of Digital Print, New Products, at 19th Annual EFI Connect Conference