Mopria Print Service Now Available for Integration with UEM
On April 23rd, the Mopria Alliance, a global non-profit organization that provides universal standards and solutions for mobile print and scan, announced that its Mopria Print Service app for Android mobile devices is now available for easy integration into Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) solutions, and is available on the MobileIron MarketPlace.
With this new capability, IT departments using MobileIron solutions can now easily offer and account for mobile printing across their enterprise.
MobileIron’s listing means that users of their UEM solution can download the Mopria Print Service with confidence and that it will work within their secure enterprise ecosystem.
Greg Kuziej, chairman of the board at the Mopria Alliance, commented: “With the listing of Mopria Print Service on MobileIron’s MarketPlace, IT admins can be sure that their enterprise users are printing documents seamlessly and securely across multiple printer brands. Mobile printing is one of the benefits of mobility that employees have come to expect in the digital workplace, and this offers administrators a way to cater to those preferences while ensuring policy compliance.”
To ensure simple configuration and a secure mobile app, Mopria Alliance has adopted the AppConfig security framework in the Mopria Print Service for easy integration into any UEM solution. These “under-the-hood” changes are said to simplify the process of configuring the Mopria Print Service so that IT admins can easily add various enterprise features, including:
- Print settings such as color or black, number of copies, double-sided printing,
paper size, page range, media type, orientation, punching, folding and stapling,
and the ability to enforce print policies tied to those settings.
- Security features such as user authentication and PIN printing, the latter of which requires users to enter a PIN before a document prints to ensure that the document is physically retrieved instead of sitting unattended at the printer.
- Accounting features that ease the reporting and tracking of use of printer resources.
Users can download Mopria Print Service from the Google Play store, or directly from
the Mopria website.
About the Mopria Alliance
The Mopria Alliance was founded by Canon, HP, Samsung and Xerox, and the nonprofit membership organization has since grown to 22 members, representing the worldwide print and scan business.
In addition to the founding companies, the Mopria Alliance today includes Adobe, Brother, Epson, EFI, Fuji Xerox, Huawei, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Lexmark, Microsoft, OKI Data, Pantum, Primax, Qualcomm, Ricoh, Sharp, Toshiba, and YSoft.
- December 2018: Mopria Helps Provide Easy Printing for Windows 10
- December 2018: New Mopria Scan App for Easy Android Scanning
- August 2018: With Help from Mopria, Android 9 Default Print Service Now Includes Wi-Fi Direct Printing
- May 2018: Mopria App Makes Android Scanning Easy
- February 2018: As Mobile-Printing Pioneer, Mopria Alliance Aims for 1 Billion Mopria-Printed Pages this Year
- November 2017: YSoft SafeQ is First Mopria-Certified Enterprise Print Server
- November 2017: Mopria Print Service 2.3 Provides New Mobile-Printing Capabilities with Share-to-Print
- August 2017: New Mopria Mobile Printing with Android 8.0 OS Features Automatic Printer Discovery, No Downloads