Lexmark Now Providing PrintReleaf Reforestation Program
Lexmark International reported today that it’s partnered with PrintReleaf in order to provide its customers with an automated sustainability program focused on reforestation. Lexmark says that, through PrintReleaf, Lexmark customers can now reforest their paper consumption by planting an equivalent volume of trees for their printed pages in certified forestry projects around the world.
The patented PrintReleaf technology measures total paper consumption through device and fleet data collected by print-management software on Lexmark print devices. Total paper consumption is converted into an equivalent number of trees, which are then automatically and certifiably planted around the world. PrintReleaf also monitors reforestation partners to ensure fulfillment.
PrintReleaf reforests at a rate of 8,333 sheets of paper per standard tree, which is openly detailed in the PrintReleaf Standard. Lexmark customers may choose their reforestation sites or allow the software to automatically choose for them. Lexmark customers may also track their progress as well as share the ongoing impact through social media, all from their own online PrintReleaf portal.
John Gagel, senior manager of Global Corporate Sustainability at Lexmark commented: “Our partnership with PrintReleaf further underscores Lexmark’s commitment to innovation, transparency, and the environment. Lexmark is already a customer and now we are excited to partner with PrintReleaf and leverage their automated sustainability program to provide our customers a solution for neutralizing paper waste and sustaining our global forests.”
The PrintReleaf reforestation program is also available for Xerox customers (see here), Electronics for Imaging customers (see here), EPMS customers (see here), Toshiba Business Solutions Canada customers (see here), Supplies Network customers (see here), and others. For a complete list of PrintReleaf partners, visit the company here.
- December 2018: New Lexmark Smart Document Portal for Print-on-Demand in Insurance
- November 2018: Lexmark: How Lexmark Cloud-Based Fleet-Management Can Help Partners
- October 2018: New Lexmark Cloud Services for More Efficient Print-Infrastructure Management
- July 2018:New Lexmark A4 Printers, MFPs Now Available
- June 2018: With New A4 Lineup, Lexmark Completes 92-Percent Refresh of Hardware Lineup
- May 2018: Lexmark Printers, Copier/MFPs Achieve Hardcopy Common Criteria Certification
- April 2018: PrintReleaf Reforestation Program Now Available for Xerox MPS Customers