EFI Announces Fiery Controller for Ricoh IM Series
On April 17th, Electronics For Imaging (EFI) announced the launch of the EFI Fiery Color Controller E-25C, a new digital front end (DFE) that drives many of the next generation of Ricoh’s family of color multi-function printers (MFPs), the RICOH IM Series.
Steven Burger, head of Engineering and vice president of Portfolio Management at Ricoh USA, commented: “Our new intelligent Color MFPs, the IM Series, are affordable, versatile and highly productive systems that have been designed to help seamlessly support the color intensive workflow requirements for busy office workgroups and enterprise environments. The Color Controller E-25C provides our customers with the power to quickly and efficiently produce high-quality color documents and prints with accurate and consistent color.”
Key benefits of the new digital front end are said to include:
- Increased productivity: Print large or complex Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe PDF files accurately and quickly, as well as high volumes of small jobs from many users simultaneously, allowing workers to get their materials printed faster to work more efficiently
- Accurate, consistent color: Print logo and corporate colors correctly, adjust or correct color, edit or enhance images on-the-fly, and ensure consistent, highest quality output over time
- Easily prepare booklets: Fiery VUE, the free “visual print driver,” enables easy merging of multiple documents together, as well as seeing a 3D preview of exactly how a booklet will print
- Centralized printer management: with Fiery Navigator, customers can easily manage their fleet of printers over multiple sites
- Advanced workflow options: Optional Fiery software such as Fiery Impose, Fiery Compose, Fiery Color Profiler Suite, and the Fiery Productivity Package provide advanced make-ready, color management, and automation capabilities, including integration with EFI MIS/ERP workflow solutions.
Adding the DFE to a RICOH IM Series device helps customers reduce their overall costs by printing more high-quality materials in-house.
“The new Fiery DFE for the RICOH IM series devices sets a new quality and productivity standard for workgroup printing,” commented John Henze, vice president of Fiery sales and marketing at EFI. “Customers get the best of both worlds: standard MFP functionality combined with the higher productivity and color accuracy that helps them be more productive and reduce print outsourcing.”
The new Fiery DFE is available from Ricoh and authorized Ricoh Family Group dealer partners. For more information about EFI Fiery Driven digital production printing, visit EFI here.
See our story Ricoh Launches ‘Intelligent’ Copier/MFPs, ‘Always Current’ for Adding New Features, Upgrades for more information on the Ricoh IM series.
- April 2019: EFI To Be Acquired by Private-Equity Firm Siris Capital
- January 2019: Ricoh Launches ‘Intelligent’ Copier/MFPs, ‘Always Current’ for Adding New Features, Upgrades
- January 2019: EFI to Preview to New Fiery DFE, High-Speed LED Inkjet Solutions
- January 2019: EFI Reports Fourth-Quarter, Full-Year Financial Results