OKI Launches Compact Desktop A3 Printer
One of the drawbacks of A3 printers and copier/MFPs is that they typically take up a lot of space. However, OKI Data Americas says it’s addressed that with the announcement of what is says is the most compact A3 printer on the market, the C844dnw, which it announced on April 9th and which uses LED toner-based technology.
Designed to target key vertical applications such as in-store retail signage, short-run personalization kiosks, and election services, the C844dnw uses new energy-efficient fusing technology that’s said to provide quick warm-up and reduced noise emissions.
Other features include:
- Prints at 36 ppm in mono and color, with a first page out time of 6.3 seconds.
- Prints on up to 11″ x 17″ media, as well as on 52″ long banner sheets (user assisted).
- Supports paper weights up to 256gsm and specialty print sizes as small as 2.2″ wide.
- Said to be the most compact A3 printer on the market, measuring 17.7“ wide x 21.7“ deep x 14.2 high.
- Priced for the enterprise markets and government budgets.
- Holds up to 2,540 sheets with optional paper trays.
- Standard duplex printing.
- Standard Wireless LAN, Gigabit Ethernet network interface, and wireless direct, the last of which provides simultaneous connection of wired and wireless networking
- Supports Near Field Communication (NFC), so that users can tap their NFC-enabled mobile device to the printer and print, with no network needed
- Supports Google Cloud Print 2.0 and Apple AirPrint for mobile printing.
For more information and complete specifications, visit OKI here.
- February 2019: Oki Europe Launches Printer Consumables and Maintenance Program
- February 2019: OKI Reports Improved Financial Results
- November 2018: OKI Reports Latest Financial Results
- October 2018: OKI Warns Buyers to Beware of Unauthorized OKI “Clone” Printers (Update)