Ninestar to Buy Stake in Lenovo’s Printer Business
Ninestar, which is based in China and was previously known as Apex Technologies, has announced that it’s signed an agreement to acquire a 10-percent stake, worth approximately $2.5 million, in the Lenovo Image Technology company, Lenovo’s printer business unit.
Ninestar, along with PAG Capital, also purchased a majority stake in Lexmark International in 2016 for $3.6 billion. Ninestar also manufactures and sells toner and inkjet cartridges and components.
Lenovo is a multi-national PC company with headquarters in Bejing, China, and Morrisville, North Carolina. As of March 2019, it’s said to be the world largest seller of PCs by unit sales, including the ThinkPad laptop line. It also sells smartphones, servers, workstations, and electronic storage devices.
- March 2019: Ninestar Comments on ITC Patent-Infringement Decision
- January 2019: Ninestar Says Its Cartridges Comply with Environmental Regulations
- September 2018: Ninestar Building New Laser-Printer Factory; Announces Ninestar, Lexmark Financial Results
- April 2018: Ninestar to Manufacture Laser Printers
- October 2017: Sales up for Ninestar’s Lexmark; Ninestar to Shift Lexmark Manufacturing to Zhuhai, China
- July 2017: Ninestar to Establish New Lexmark Business Unit in China
- February 2017: Ninestar Discusses Lexmark Acquisition; Aims to be ‘One Stop Provider’ for Printer Industry