HP to Preview New Wide-Format Dye-Sub Printers at ISA 2019
HP Inc. reported today that at the International Sign Association (ISA) 2019 trade show being held April 24 to 26 in Las Vegas, it will preview its new dye-sublimation printer portfolio – its Stitch dye sublimation wide-format printer portfolio – which it says will provide print service providers with high quality prints at fast print speeds.
HP says the new printers signal its entry into a new industry – sign printing – and while HP is well-known for its inkjet, laser, and 3D printing technologies, this appears to be the first time it’s introduced a dye-sublimation printer. Dye-sub printing is uniquely different from inkjet and laser printing, with heat being used to transfer dyes onto paper, plastic, or fabric. Image quality is typically very high quality, with near-photographic image quality, and used for graphic-arts printing applications.
At the ISA trade show, HP will also showcase its latest R-Series printers, including the HP Latex R1000 Plus Printer and HP Latex R2000 Plus Printer.
YES Unlimited at ISA 2019
At HP’s booth at ISA (Booth 1919, 1935, 5500 SF), the firm will host:
- Lounge and Learn: At 12:15 p.m. as ISA kicks off on Wednesday, attendees will have the opportunity to hear about the future of color management for Textiles.
- The Sportswear and Fashion Store: HP will demonstrate the latest in its digital print technology through its retail store – complete with retail storefront windows and mannequins. The area will feature HP-printed soft signage (front lit and backlit) and home décor, including curtains, upholstery, lamps, and cushions.
- The Ice Cream Store: A high-end ice cream shop will showcase all that’s possible with R-Series printing, including both signage and decor.
- Car-Wrap Competition: HP will host a car-wrap competition as the exclusive hardware supplier.
- Happy Hour with HP: Happy Hour will take place in both HP Booths (1919 and 1935) on Wednesday, April 24 from 4-5pm to celebrate HP’s new products at the show.
HP Latex R-Series Printer Inks Certified for 3M MCS Warranty
HP also reported the expansion of the 3M MCS Warranty for the HP Latex R-Series Printers to include white ink in addition to the six ink colors used in the HP Latex R1000 Plus and HP Latex R2000 Plus printers.
For brand-owners, this means that they will receive up to a 7-year warranty on this new solution. The 3M MCS Warranty for these inks is available worldwide. HP Latex inks together with 3M graphic films are said to deliver the complete sustainable solution for high-performance graphics targeting indoor and outdoor applications.
More information about HP digital printing is available at hp.com/go/graphic-arts.
- November 2018: HP Outlines Progress, Key Strategies at ‘Power of Print’ Day
- November 2018: New HP PageWide XL Models for Large-Format Technical-Document Printing
- October 2018: HP Previewing New Wide-Format Printers for Printing Signs, Banners, Decor
- July 2018: R.R. Donnelley & Sons to Deploy HP Indigo Presses
- December 2017: HP Deploys First HP PageWide C500 Press for Industrial Package Printing