Canon Launches New imagePRESS C910 Series
Canon U.S.A. today launched the new imagePRESS C910 Series, which builds on its predecessor, the imagePRESS C850 Series
Canon says the imagePRESS C910 Series is a true, light to mid-volume production color digital press that incorporates advanced technologies to help small commercial printers and in-plants “achieve amazing results—all in a compact footprint.”
The series is made up of three models, the imagePRESS C910, C810 and C710, with print speeds of up to 90, 80 ppm and 70 ppm, respectively.
Features include intuitive operation and embedded color controls, for use by entry-level to the most experienced operators.
The updated series includes a range of new document-finishing options and extended media support. These document-finishing options include:
- The GBC eWire Pro to provide in-line production of wire-bound documents.
- Includes double punching on tabloid-size sheets, and a new compact, robust inline booklet maker.
- Offers an open Document Finishing Device (DFD) adapter and bridge interface that allows for third-party finishing to connect to the Canon Staple/Booklet Finisher-W1 for corner stapling and advanced in-line finishing on the imagePRESS C910/C810 devices.
- Supports media up to 130-pound cover (350 gsm) to help print service providers expand the range of media offerings for applications such as business cards and direct mail.
- Supports printing on media up to 51.2 inches (1300mm), allowing for expanded application support of novel marketing collateral, pocket folders and banners.
As a result of workflow being a crucial aspect of every production print environment, the new series offers a choice of Digital Front Ends: Canon’s PRISMAsync Print Server Version 7 and the EFI Fiery powered imagePRESS Servers.
Users have the option of selecting the imagePRESS Server H350 or imagePRESS Server G250, built on EFI’s Fiery FS350 platform offering “fast processing, superb image quality and streamlined, automated workflows for sheet-fed digital production systems.”
The imagePRESS C910 Series is scheduled to be available through Canon authorized dealers for purchase in the second quarter of 2019.
New PRISMAsync Print Servers
Canon U.S.A. also announced today that it’s expanding the PRISMAsync Print Server Family by introducing the PRISMAsync Print Server V7 and PRISMAsync Print Server LP. The PRISMAsync Print Server V7 is said to help improve the imagePRESS C910’s print quality, productivity, and versatility.
The PRISMAsync Print Server V7, an updated version of the PRISMAsync Print Server V6, enables operators to manage their imagePRESS digital color output. Capabilities include the following, as well as the addition of many security enhancements to help prevent unauthorized access to crucial documents, increased efficiency with expanded JDF and JMF support, extended support of the new and updated finishing equipment, as well as features introduced on the imagePRESS C910 Series.
- Enhanced print-server hardware for processing large and graphic-intensive files
- PRISMAsync Remote Match, which brings efficiency to the process of synchronizing crucial device settings across multiple imagePRESS C910 series engines
- G7 Verification and Color Validation Reports with the ability to easily export for online viewing
- Improvements to Automated Workflows to help streamline processing routine tasks
- PRISMAlytics Dashboard, which displays additional consumable information for all supported color and monochrome digital presses
The PRISMAsync Print Server LP, a new addition to the portfolio, is designed for smaller printing operations and in-plants that do not require the full-color management and workflow functionality of PRISMAsync Print Server, but want to maintain a common workflow and printer interface between their imagePRESS digital color and varioPRINT monochrome digital presses.
With the help of PRISMAsync Remote Manager, users will be able to upload, schedule, and monitor production of these presses within this remote web-based platform. The PRISMAsync LP version will be available for the new imagePRESS C810 and C710 digital color presses.
As a customer’s business needs grow, they will also have the opportunity to upgrade the capabilities of PRISMAsync Print Server LP, with features including advanced color management and G7 calibration, DocBox, Page Programming and accounting.
The PRISMAsync Print Server V7 and PRISMAsync Print Server LP are scheduled to be available through Canon authorized dealers starting in the second quarter of 2019 in conjunction with the availability of the imagePRESS C910 Series.
For more information on Canon U.S.A. and its production printing solutions, visit www.usa.canon.com.
- March 2019: Canon Touts Financial Stability, Production Printing
- November 2018: Canon Announces Proprietary Ceramic Material for 3D-Printing Complex Parts
- May 2018: Canon U.S.A. Adds New Options for Commercial- and Production-Printing Systems
- April 2018: Canon Named Worldwide Leader in High-Volume Inkjet Market