Canon Expands IVY Family with New Instant Camera Photo Printers
On March 28th, Canon U.S.A. expanded its family of IVY instant photo printers – all designed with Millennials in mind – with its new IVY CLIQ+ Instant Camera Printer + App connectivity and new IVY CLIQ Instant Camera Printer.
Canon notes that more than one trillion photos were taken in 2017, according to Business Insider.
Kazuto Ogawa, president and chief operating officer of Canon U.S.A., commented: “IVY, though tiny in size, has made a big impression this past year among Gen-Z and Millennials who have a passion for taking photos, expressing their individual style and instantly printing and sticking their moments.”
Featuring an eight-megapixel camera, the CLIQ+ Instant Camera Printer + App connects via Bluetooth to the Canon Mini Print app, which features a variety of photo design options such as filters, photo frames, and text.
Through the app, users can also customize their experience by recording their own on/off and shutter sounds, as well as set up remote shooting, which is useful, for instance, for taking group photos.
The CLIQ+ is available in several colors, such as Pearl White, Sapphire Blue, and Ruby Red and includes features such as 2″ x 2″ and 2″ x 3″ printing options.
There’s also a reprint option, Micro SD card slot, and a selfie mirror surrounded by a glowing light ring of either four or eight LEDs, “providing the right amount of glow-up to make the user’s photo pop.”
Canon’s new five-megapixel, automatic-flash IVY CLIQ Instant Camera Printer, which is available in colors such as Bumblebee Yellow, Seaside Blue and Lady Bug Red, can print 2″ x 2″ and 2″ x 3″ stickers, and there’s also a selfie mirror. The CLIQ also has a Micro SD slot, allowing users to upload photos to their laptop or PC for future projects.
Other features for both of both the CLIQ+ and CLIQ instant camera printers include:
- Both printers use ZINK Zero Ink printing technology; instead of using ink cartridges, the printers use special ZINK paper that’s embedded with cyan, yellow, and magenta crystals. The printer uses heat to activate these crystals to form images and text.
- Ability to hold up to 10 sheets of ZINK paper
- Optical viewfinder
- USB cord for battery charging
- Loops to attach the included camera strap
The Canon IVY CLIQ+ Instant Camera Printer + App and Canon IVY CLIQ Instant Camera Printer are scheduled to be available for in-store purchase in April 2019 at an estimated retail price of $159.99 and $99.99, respectively, and each camera/printer includes a starter pack of 10 sheets of 2″ x 3″ photo paper.
- April 2018: Canon Enters Consumer Hand-Held Photo-Printer Market with New IVY
- October 2017: HP’s New Sprocket “2-in-1” Combines Mobile Printer with Built-In Camera
- July 2017: Canon’s New SELPHY CP1300 Photo Printer is ‘Personal Photo Kiosk’
- February 2017: Global Portable-Printer Market to Grow at Compound Annual Growth Rate of 17.32 Percent
- February 2017: HP CEO Dion Weisler: Strong Revenue Growth for MPS, Graphics Printers, Sprocket Mobile Printer in First Quarter
- September 2016: New HP Smartphone-Size Instant Photo Printer, the Sprocket