HP Next-Gen OfficeJet Pros With Smart Tasks, Enterprise Security, More
HP Inc. today announced a refreshed OfficeJet Pro color-inkjet All-in-One family for small businesses. The new OfficeJet Pro series features new “smart” capabilities – including advanced custom shortcuts, as well as new enterprise-level security features, and new ease-of-use features. They’re also up to 39-percent more compact than previous OfficeJets, and feature a new external design.
The new models provide print, copy, scan, and fax, as well as a standard 35-page automatic document feeder. Other features include:
New Smart Tasks for Custom Shortcuts
Users can create custom shortcuts and eliminate steps involved in repetitive tasks with HP’s new Smart Tasks. For instance, users can create multi-step scan to cloud, email, and more workflows, and then initiate them with just a single click, or, for instance, create a workflow for scanning receipts with a smartphone and then automatically sync the receipts with business software such as Quick Books. Users can also convert documents scanned with their smartphones into editable, searchable documents using Smart Tasks.
HP says the new printers feature more reliable WiFi connectivity, as, when a printer detects when a connection is lost and then attempts to restore it.
Other new improvements include:
- The OfficeJet Pro 9000 series features a platen with innovative slide-off glass for more easily retrieving documents.
- With the OfficeJet Pro 9023, a new output paper tray that prevents paper spillage by pausing the print job when the 250-sheet output tray is full.
Key among the new models upgrades is enhanced security – including security features typically only found with HP’s enterprise models. This includes: secure erase, with the printer erasing old documents and data; secure boot with self-healing, with the printer checking its code every time it boots up for any suspicious code and then solving the problem; and a control-panel lock.
HP says users can save up to 50-percent on ink with HP’s automatic ink delivery service, Instant Ink:
With the Instant Ink program, Internet-connected HP printers monitor ink levels and then automatically order ink when ink is running low. Customers are billed based on their selected Instant Ink program. The Instant Ink Business plan is designed for users printing 700 pages per month and costs $19.99 per month. Other plans are also available (see here).
Users can print, scan and copy from smartphones using the HP Smart mobile print app, as well as with Apple AirPrint, Mopria, and WiFi direct printing.
- The new All-in-Ones are designed to help reduce energy use; paper is said to be responsibly sourced; and ink cartridges can be recycled.
- The Office Jet Pro 8000 series is made from recycled printers and other electronics – more than 15 percent by weight of plastic; the Office Jet Pro 9000 series is more than 10 percent by weight of plastic.
The new models consist of:
- The flagship OfficeJet Pro 9025, which is rated at up to 24 ppm, and has suggested pricing of $329. It features twice-as-fast duplex scanning at up to 15 ppm. Visit HP here for more information and complete specifications.
- The OfficeJet Pro 9015, which is rated at up to 22 ppm, and has suggested pricing of $229. Visit HP here for more information and complete specifications.
- The OfficeJet Pro 8035, which is rated at up to 20 ppm. Visit HP here for more information and complete specifications.
- The OfficeJet Pro 8025, which is rated at up to 20 ppm and has suggested pricing of $169. Visit HP here for more information and complete specifications.
- The OfficeJet Pro Premier, which is rated at up to 20 ppm, and features two years of printing with automatic ink delivery. The printer comes with a $240 pre-paid card that will be added to the customer’s Instant Ink account. This covers 24 months of service on a monthly $9.99 Instant Ink plan. Visit HP here for more information and complete specifications.
All models feature a two-year warranty.
Starting this month in the United States at key office and electronic retailers, as well as at HP.com, the HP OfficeJet Pro Series (9015, 9025 and Premier) will be available. The HP OfficeJet Pro Series (8025, 8035) will be available in June.
- December 2018: HP Making Many Direct MPS Accounts Available to Partners
- November 2018: HP Outlines Progress, Key Strategies at ‘Power of Print’ Day
- October 2018: HP Introduces FutureSmart 4 Firmware, Integration with McAfee
- October 2018: New Next-Gen HP Sprocket Photo Printer
- August 2018: HP Discusses A3, MPS Strategy, Key Executive Retirement
- July 2018: HP Launches First ‘Bug-Bounty’ Vulnerability Reporting for Printers and Copiers
- June 2018: HP Introduces Latest Refillable Ink-Tank Printers in India