Print Second Only to the Cloud as Top IT Security Concern
Print is second only to the Cloud as a top IT security concern, according to the latest research from Quocirca.
Along with the new research, Y Soft Corporation, an enterprise office-solutions provider, today announced that it’s been recognized as having strong print-services security in the latest research report from Quocirca, Global Print Security Landscape, 2019.
The Quocirca report, which surveyed 250 enterprises in the U.K., France, Germany, and the United States, with an equal mix of large and small businesses, found that print is still a significant part of their business (87 percent) and that use of managed print services (MPS) and print management leads to improved print security.
Other highlights of the report include:
- Print is considered a top security risk (66 percent), second only to Cloud-based services (69 percent).
- Spending on print security is increasing (77 percent) and comprises 11 percent of total IT security spending.
- Data breaches related to print are frequent (11 percent) and lead to data loss (59 percent) costing, on average, over $410,000 annually.
- While most organizations are concerned about malware attacks (70 percent), actual incidents are from accidental actions of internal users (32 percent), the highest reported factor.
Václav Muchna, Y Soft CEO and co-founder, commented: “Print and scan workflows play an important part of an organization’s digital transformation productivity goals and do not need to be at the expense of print services security. YSoft SafeQ’s strong security posture is a result of the investment we made in building YSoft SafeQ 6 from the ground up with security in mind.”
According to Louella Fernandes, director, Quocirca, “With a continued reliance on print, organizations are increasingly concerned about print security risks. Those using print-management solutions and services are most likely to have a stronger maturity when it comes to addressing vulnerabilities. With the print infrastructure becoming more diverse, an integrated approach to secure print management that ensures collaboration between the ISV, manufacturer and customer, as offered by Y Soft, is imperative in the evolving print security threat landscape.”
Y Soft is offering a complimentary copy of the Quocirca report to its newsletter subscribers. The report contains additional high-level findings and recommendations for IT decision makers.
YSoft SafeQ is designed as a workflow solutions platform. Today, the platform pillars are print management, document capture and 3D print management. The YSoft SafeQ platform software suites or modules are offered as a perpetual license or as a flexible subscription service and can be deployed on premise or in the cloud.
- February 2019: New Canon imageRUNNER Advance 3rd Edition with Beefed-Up Security
- October 2018: Konica Minolta bizhub Copier/MFPs Pass Third-Party Security Test
- July 2018: Epson WorkForce Enterprise Copier/MFPs Receive Key Security Certification
- July 2018: New Xerox Workplace Solutions for Easier Mobile Connectivity, Enhanced Security
- April 2018: HP Updates on New Dealer Progress, A3 Managed PageWides, Accessibility, Security
- April 2018: Be Careful What You Click On and More; Xerox Discusses Printer Security
- January 2018: New Security Upgrade, New Apps for Xerox AltaLink Copier/MFPs