Epson America yesterday unveiled its updated ScanSmart Software, which is now available with Epson’s ScanSmart Software Accounting Edition upgrade for receipt-scanning. Epson now offers a 30-day free trial of ScanSmart Software Accounting Edition, which it says is a time-saving accounting tool for small business owners, and also now offers the option to purchase without an annual subscription.
The new Epson ScanSmart Software Accounting Edition upgrade includes advanced accounting document-management tools for users to preview, email, upload, and organize receipts, financial documents and more. Epson’s ScanSmart Software Accounting Edition features automatic file naming, automatic receipt recognition with OCR, and integration with QuickBooks, TurboTax, and Quicken. Epson says the upgrade can save users time by helping to eliminate the need for manual data entry, and by streamlining the process of organizing and using expense data and documents.
David Hawkes, product manager for Epson America’s Scanner group, commented: “Accounting data entry can be a nightmare for business and home users alike, especially during the tax season. Epson helps eliminate this pain point by making ScanSmart Software Accounting Edition available for select Epson scanners. The license upgrade significantly expands the capabilities of the software with accounting functionality, offering easy-to-use features that improve workflow and save users time.”
The ScanSmart Software license upgrade is compatible with the following Epson scanning solutions: WorkForce ES-50, ES-60W, ES-200, ES-300W, ES-400, ES-500W and FastFoto FF-680W.
Epson’s ScanSmart Accounting Edition Software is bundled with the following document scanners: WorkForce ES-55R, ES-65WR, ES-300WR and ES-500WR.
- December 2018: New Epson Portable Document Scanners Start at $119.99
- August 2018: New Epson Document Scanners, Accounting Software
- March 2018: Epson Document Scanners Certified for Use with Digitek Solutions for Eliminating Manual Data Entry
- July 2017: Nuance Print-Management and Document-Capture Software Now Available for Epson MFPs, Scanners
- July 2017: New Epson DS-410 with Three-Year Warranty Billed as Affordable Business Document Scanner
- April 2017: Epson Announces Three-Year Warranty for Its Commercial Document Scanners
- April 2017: Epson Adds ‘Game-Changing’ Document Scanners, Including DS-780N with Touchscreen, Network Interface