New Security Upgrade, New Apps for Xerox AltaLink Copier/MFPs
Xerox today announced new software enhancements for its Xerox’s AltaLink Multifunction Printers (MFPs) enabled with Xerox ConnectKey technology. The new enhancements enable companies to monitor critical security settings and automatically reset unauthorized changes, a proactive step in stemming security breaches. There’s also a new intuitive user experience that’s said to provide mid-size to large workgroups with more ways to customize everyday tasks.
New Configuration Watchdog for Proactive Security
With AltaLink’s new Configuration Watchdog, IT administrators can ensure devices stay within their defined security policies to safeguard critical business data and infrastructure, without external monitoring.
Here’s how it works: administrators can monitor compliance requirements of up to eight security settings. When unauthorized changes are detected, Configuration Watchdog will remediate them to their compliance state; unapproved changes are notified and logged for further response.
The latest AltaLink enhancements enable companies to meet NIST 800-171 standards, which govern the security of data in non-federal information systems and organizations.
Dr. Alissa J. Abdullah, chief information security officer for Xerox commented: “Cybersecurity threats are becoming more sophisticated and so is Xerox’s response. We take a proactive approach to device, data and document security that puts organizations on the offensive when it comes to threat detection and response.”
For additional protection, the AltaLink MFPs include support for ThinPrint print-management software, featuring end-to-end encryption, as well as efficient compression and streaming of print data, delivering faster output speeds.
New AltaLink Time-Saving Features
With a tablet-like user touchscreen, Xerox says AltaLink MFPs make completing daily tasks faster and easier with new features such as:
- Customizable home screen: enables touchscreen re-ordering of frequently used apps and features to place the most popular ones at the top for easy access.
- 1-Touch App: simplifies complicated and lengthy workflows by creating shortcuts, such as scanning to email without typing an email address, or creating booklets with a single touch; these 1-Touch Apps can be cloned and shared among multiple devices.
- Fleet Orchestrator: automatically deploys software upgrades and tedious configuration changes across multiple devices. A single device, designated as the host, securely shares updates with the remaining fleet, reducing device downtime and manual IT intervention.
“These updates articulate and demonstrate Xerox’s commitment to securing information and simplifying business processes for our customers,” commented Tracey Koziol, senior vice president of Xerox Global Offerings, Xerox. “Our Workplace Assistants boost IT management efficiency and employee productivity.”
Vist Xerox here to download the free AltaLink MFP software upgrade.
- December 2018: New Xerox DocuShare Flex Platform
- July 2018: Xerox CEO Discusses Path Forward, Fuji Xerox, and Suppliers
- November 2018: New Xerox Cloud-Based Automation Streamlines MPS, Back-Office Tasks
- October 2018: New Xerox Express Program Makes it Easier for Partners to Sell
- September 2018: Xerox Touts Success of Newly Added Copier/MFP Dealers
- June 2018: Xerox Introduces Next Generation Global Print Driver
- April 2018: Xerox Continuing to Add New Dealers