Sharp Returns to Consumer Electronics Show
For the first time in four years, Sharp Corporation will participate in the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2019 being held in Las Vegas, Nevada, from January 8-11, 2019. CES is said to be one of the world’s largest consumer-electronics trade shows.
Sharp will have a booth in the Central Hall, marking the first time in four years since it set up a full-scale exhibit at CES.
Based on its business vision of “Changing the World with 8K and AIoT,” Sharp will equip its booth with four areas dedicated to 8K, AIoT, home, and business. Visitors will experience firsthand an “8K Ecosystem” built upon 8K-related equipment, devices, and solutions and “AIoT Solutions” driven by AIoT home appliances, robotics, sensors, and other devices. Sharp will also feature home and B2B scenarios in which visitors can try out Sharp state-of-the-art devices and solutions.
Sharp says its incorporation of its 8K technology into an 8K Ecosystem and AIoT Solutions, such as its COCORO+ service, have thus far focused on the Japanese market, but that it will now be expanding and accelerating this development on a global scale.
Expansion into PCs
Sharp is also expanding into PCs. Earlier in October of this year, Sharp returned to the PC business with its acquisition of Toshiba’s PC business for $35 million (4 billion yen). The Nikkei Asian Review also reported last month that Sharp will be building a PC factory as early as next year in eastern China near a plant operated by Sharp parent company Foxconn. The new factory in the Shangdon Province will be Sharp’s second PC factory in China.
Sharp CES Exhibit Highlights (Tentative)
- December 2018: Sharp Launches First Voice-Driven Copier/MFPs
- October 2018: Sharp Releases Results for First Half of Fiscal Year
- July 2018: Sharp Cancels Share Sale
- June 2018: Sharp Purchasing Toshiba’s PC Business
- May 2018: Mike Marusic Appointed President and CEO of Sharp Imaging & Information Company
- April 2018: Reflecting Profitable Fiscal Year, Sharp to Pay Dividends For First Time in Six Years
- January 2018: Sharp Corporation Revenue and Profits up for Nine-Month Period
- January 2018: Sharp Corporation’s Operating Profit for Nine Months up 270 Percent
- December 2017: This Week in Imaging: Sharp National Dealer Meeting First Impressions
- December 2017: Sharp National Dealer Meeting: Foxconn Benefits, Smart Office, Smart MFPs, Smart Meetings, and More