Sharp Launches First Voice-Driven Copier/MFPs
Sharp Imaging and Information Company of America today introduced its new line of Advanced and Essentials Series color copier/MFPs. The 11 new models include seven that are available now, and four models that will be available in early summer 2019.
All new models feature Sharp’s touchscreen display, which is common across over 30 models in Sharp’s MFP lineup. They also feature new conversational artificial intelligence for voice commands, cloud integration, and security enhancements.
The new MFP Voice feature, powered by Amazon Alexa, enables users to interact with the MFP by using simple verbal commands. Sharp previewed the Alexa voice feature at its November dealer conference last year. The system enables users, after authenticating themselves, to use voice commands to make copies, scan to email, and call for service (triggering transmission of relevant service information).
Sharp’s new Advanced and Essentials models also feature cloud services that include Box and Dropbox, etc., as well as Adobe Embedded Print Engine technology that enables users to directly print PDF files from a variety of sources with greater performance and rendering accuracy.
Sharp’s new Application Portal, which will be available in spring 2019, will allow administrators to add new applications and update existing ones from the MFP’s touchscreen. The new models also feature the ability to feed up to 50 envelopes from the standard paper drawer.
Security features include firmware-attack prevention and a self-recovery capability, the latter of which can identify a malicious intrusion and restore the machine firmware to its original state. A new whitelisting feature helps protects the device’s file system from unauthorized access by only granting access to approved sources. Administrators can also centrally manage select settings at the device using Active Directory Group Policy.
These following seven models are available to ship immediately via authorized Sharp dealer and direct sales channels:
- MX-3071 – 30 ppm; replaces the MX-3070V
- MX-3571 – 35 ppm; replaces the MX-3570V
- MX-4071 – 40 ppm; replaces the MX-4070V
- MX-2651 – 26 ppm; replaces the MX-2630N
- MX-3051 – 30 ppm; replaces the MX-3050V
- MX-3551 – 35 ppm; replaces the MX-3550V
- MX-4051 – 40 ppm; replaces the MX-4050V
Sharp will add four more models to the lineup in early summer 2019. In the Advanced Series, the MX-5071 and MX-6071 replace the MX-5070V and MX-6070V. Rounding out the Essentials Series will be the MX-5051 and MX-6051, replacing the MX-5050V and MX-6050V.
- October 2018: Sharp Releases Results for First Half of Fiscal Year
- September 2018: Sharp Rolls Out New High-Volume Copier/MFPs
- August 2018: New A4 Mono and Color Sharp Desktop Printers, MFPs with Mobile Printing
- July 2018: Sharp Set to Continue M&A Strategy
- July 2018: Sharp Reports Latest Financial Results
- June 2018: New A3 Sharp Essentials MX-M2630 Features Cloud Connectivity, Serverless Print Release, More
- June 2018: Sharp Purchasing Toshiba’s PC Business
- June 2018: Sharp Expands Direct Sales Coverage with New Acquisition
- December 2017: Sharp Is First Copier Provider Working With ‘Alexa for Business’ for Voice-Driven Copiers, More