Canon Requests Another Amazon Clone Toner Take-Down, Settles with J&H
Canon Inc. of Tokyo, Japan, today announced it filed a Report Infringement Form with Amazon UK-based on the alleged use of claim 1 of the UK portion of Canon’s European Patent EP 2 087 407 regarding the drum unit model “CF280A” offered by Shenzhen DSY Tech Ltd. under the ASINs (Amazon Standard Identification Number) B01LRK1R7Q, B01LMSV2OQ, and B01H83U5U6.
Afterwards, Amazon took down the products. These products are compatible with the drum unit of the HP toner-cartridge model CF280A and provides inter alia a non-OEM coupling member and a non-OEM drum.
Canon noted that filing a Report Infringement Form with Amazon is a service offered by Amazon and does not comprise any official finding of validity or infringement of a patent. The decision to take down a product is in the discretion of Amazon and is based on information provided by Canon. Amazon informed the vendor about the takedown and the vendor may object to it.
Canon also reported today that it and J&H Greentech and Trading, as well as its managing director, agreed to resolve their pending patent-infringement dispute by signing a settlement agreement.
After filing a complaint with the District Court Dusseldorf in Germany based on the alleged infringement of the German portion of Canon’s European Patent EP 1 977 289 B1, Canon and J&H entered into a settlement agreement under which J&H must refrain from distribution of toner cartridges making use of claim 1 in combination with claim 2 of EP 1 977 289 B1 with respect to all countries in which said patent is validated and in force.
J&H also agreed to pay damages for past infringements to Canon. Further details of the settlement agreement are confidential.
- December 2018: Canon Announces More Amazon Toner Take-Downs, New Injunction
- November 2018: Canon Requests Removal of More Third-Party Toner Cartridges from Amazon
- November 2018:Canon Requests Amazon to Remove Third-Party Toner Cartridges
- October 2018: Canon Requests Amazon Again to Remove More Third-Party Toner Cartridges
- October 2018: Canon Asks Amazon to Remove Third-Party Toner Cartridges, Files New Lawsuit
- CANON REACHES MEDIATION DECISION WITH TONET
- MAY 2018: CANON WINS ANOTHER PATENT-INFRINGEMENT CONSENT JUDGEMENT