Epson Reports Latest Financial Results
Seiko Epson of Japan reported results for the first half of its fiscal year that ran from April 1 to September 30, 2018, reporting revenue of 271.9 billion yen, down 0.6 percent year-over-year, and profits of 12.1 billion, up 4.5 percent year-over-year.
Revenue for Epson’s Printing Solutions’ business was 178.0 billion yen, up 1.9 percent year-over-year, and profits for the Printing Solutions’ business were 18.3 billion yen, up 4.5 percent year-over-year.
The company reported that high-capacity ink-tank inkjet printer sales were “generally firm,” and that ink-cartridge inkjet printer sales decreased due to Epson’s actions to maintain prices.
Among Epson’s strategies are to:
- Expand and enhance its lineup of high-capacity ink-tank inkjet printers.
- Strengthen promotions and marketing in developed economies as well as in emerging markets.
- Limit sales of low-price ink cartridge printer models and maintain
The firm says it has also:
- Continued to expand high-capacity ink-tank inkjet printer sales
- Expanded sales of high-speed line-head inkjet multifunction printers.
- Expanded in the commercial and industrial printer categories (signage, textiles, and labels).
- Growed in priority segments of projector market.
- Expanded into the monochrome model lineup and add different color models
For its fiscal year that will end on March 31, 2019, Epson is forecasting revenue of 1,090.0 billion yen, down 12.1 percent versus the previous fiscal year, and profits of 60.0 billion yen, up 18.1 percent versus the previous fiscal year.
- July 2018: Epson Reports Latest Financial Results
- July 2018: Epson Says It’s Sold 30 Million Ink-Tank Inkjet Printers
- April 2018: Epson Number-One Inkjet Vendor in India; Opens New Vietnam Sales Office
- September 2017: Epson Opens New Inkjet-Printer Manufacturing Facility in the Philippines
- July 2017: Robust First Quarter for Epson, ‘Acclaim’ for Enterprise Inkjet MFPs
- July 2017: Epson to Replace Toshiba on Tokyo Stock Exchange
- July 2017: Nikkei Demotes Toshiba on Tokyo Stock Exchange; Faces Delisting
- July 2017: Epson Completes Inkjet-Printer Factory as it Anticipates Increased Demand
- May 2017: IDC: Epson Inkjet Overtakes HP in India’s Printer/MFP Market
- May 2017: Slow Fiscal Year for Epson, but ‘Solid Demand’ for High-Capacity Inkjets