Sharp Releases Results for First Half of Fiscal Year
Sharp Corporation of Osaka, Japan, has released financial results for the first half of its fiscal year (April 1 to September 30. 2018), reporting net sales of 1,1290.0 billion yen, up 1.2 percent versus the same period a year earlier, and profits of 40.9 billion yen, up 17.8 percent versus the same period a year earlier.
Sharp’s Smart Business Solutions segment, which includes copier/MFPs and business solutions, reported net sales of 158.4 billion yen, up 2.6 percent versus the first half of the same period a year earlier. Operating profit for the Smart Business Solution segment, however, was 9.0 billion yen, down 7.3 percent versus the same period a year earlier.
Sharp’s other business segments – Smart Homes and IoT Electronic Devices – also reported an increase in net sales, although sales for its Advanced Display Systems segment were down 12.1 percent. Operating profit for Smart Homes and Advanced Display Systems was up 13.9 percent and 16.1 percent, respectively. Operating profit for IoT Electronic Devices was down 89.9 percent, with all versus the same period a year earlier.
For its entire fiscal year, Sharp is forecasting net sales of 2,890.0 billion yen, versus 2,427.0 billion for its previous fiscal year, and profits of 80.0 billion yen, versus the 70.0 billion it reported for its previous fiscal year.
- July 2018: Sharp Cancels Share Sale
- June 2018: Sharp Purchasing Toshiba’s PC Business
- May 2018: Mike Marusic Appointed President and CEO of Sharp Imaging & Information Company
- April 2018: Reflecting Profitable Fiscal Year, Sharp to Pay Dividends For First Time in Six Years
- January 2018: Sharp Corporation Revenue and Profits up for Nine-Month Period
- January 2018: Sharp Corporation’s Operating Profit for Nine Months up 270 Percent
- December 2017: This Week in Imaging: Sharp National Dealer Meeting First Impressions
- December 2017: Sharp National Dealer Meeting: Foxconn Benefits, Smart Office, Smart MFPs, Smart Meetings, and More