Konica Minolta Rolls Out New Wide-Format Printing Technology
On October 18th, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. announced its expanded offerings for the graphics- and image-printing industry, which it says further demonstrates its commitment to this market segment, debuting several, new wide-format printers at the Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA) 2018 Expo held last week in Las Vegas.
The company firm demonstrated its Wide 200 hybrid UV LED inkjet printer for the first time at the trade show, and also demonstrated sign and display workflow software, designed to increase owner/operator efficiency and lower overhead costs. Together, the printers and software exhibited will demonstrate the superior image quality produced using Konica Minolta-branded technology.
“This is Konica Minolta’s first participation at SGIA, and we’re looking forward to the feedback we receive from our current and potential future customers,” commented Dino Pagliarello, vice president, product management and planning at Konica Minolta. “Our wide format printers, using our industry-leading inkjet print-head technology, produce superior quality images while reducing the cost of ownership through features that yield considerable savings on reduced consumables.”
The AccurioWide 200 hybrid UV LED printer is said to provide the flexibility and ease of printing on rigid and flexible materials up to 1.77 inches in thickness and 6.7 feet wide. Utilizing Konica Minolta 1024i print-head nozzle technology, images can be produced in six colors including white, maintaining vivid and bright colors throughout a print run.
In addition to the AccurioWide 200, Konica Minolta also showcased the following at SGIA:
- The AccurioWide 160 – the first Konica Minolta UV wide-format printer was first displayed last month at Print 18. Using Konica Minolta’s inkjet print-head technology, this press prints using a six color process and white ink on a variety of roll, board and sheet substrates up to 1.6 meters wide.
- The PLS-475i Digital Inkjet Label Press – represents the latest Memjet Versapass ink and print head technology. This press supports continuous-roll and pre-die cut media up to 9.5 inches in width. It’s designed for users with production requirements including convertors, brand owners and commercial printers.
- The COLEX SharpCut – can precisely cut out multiple images printed on a single substrate, including foam board, wood and textile/fabric. A short video demonstration of this print and cut technology can be viewed here.
- The AccurioPRO WideDirector Production Workflow solution software is a compressive, end-to-end production workflow for Sign and Display jobs. With built-in “Preflight and Correction” for reliable, accurate first-time-out prints, this solution is a true workflow hub for multiple engines and operators.
- October 2018: Konica Minolta Inks Inkjet Partnership with Memjet
- September 2018: Konica Minolta Launches 1st Konica Minolta-Branded Wide-Format Printers
- April 2018: Konica Minolta Announces Memjet-Powered Color-Inkjet Production Printers
- October 2017: Konica Minolta Unveils New AccurioLabel 190 Press for European Market