Konica Minolta to Lay Off Additional Employees
The Journal Inquirer reports that Konica Minolta plans to lay off 219 workers in December as it comes closer to closing it two facilities in Windsor, Connecticut.
The company sent a to the Connecticut Labor Department this week, stating that the layoffs would go into effect on December 14th. The jobs affected include analysts, billing specialists, division directors, managers, sales administrators, technicians, and others.
Back in November 2017, Konica Minolta had announced it would close its facilities at 500 Day Hill Road and 550 Marshall Phelps Road and lay off 431 employees. The company said it was consolidating operations at its Ramsey, New Jersey headquarters, and broke new ground for expansion at that location In August.
Konica Minolta will offer affected employees positions at its Ramsey location, or at its other facilities, including locations in Connecticut.
- August 2018: Konica Minolta Breaks Ground on Campus Expansion in New Jersey
- July 2018: Konica Minolta Acquires MWA Intelligence
- May 2018: Konica Minolta Consolidating Operations in New Jersey
- December 2017: Konica Minolta Expanding Corporate Campus in Ramsey, New Jersey
- November 2017: Konica Minolta Said to Be Closing Connecticut Facility, Transferring Employees